Quadrasteer lift kit

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer and I have been looking for a 6" bolt on kit. All the big lift kit guys like Fabtech,Skyjacker and Rancho have no plans to make a kit for it. I Wonder what is the big deal on lifting it makes these guys shy away from it, well I can get a custom shop to do it with a standard kit but they are looking at $3800 befor rims & tirs :flag:

If any has seen a kit or what I need to make the standard kit work Fabtech said NOT to use their kit why I don’t know

Can anyone help THANKS!!! :fume:

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer and I have been looking for a 6" bolt on kit. All the big lift kit guys like Fabtech,Skyjacker and Rancho have no plans to make a kit for it. I Wonder what is the big deal on lifting it makes these guys shy away from it, well I can get a custom shop to do it with a standard kit but they are looking at $3800 befor rims & tirs  :fume:

If any has seen a kit or what I need to make the standard  kit work Fabtech said NOT to use their kit why I don’t know

Can anyone help THANKS!!! :wtf:

Hey, Martian. The ONLY difference to lifting a Quadrasteer to it's comparable 2wd equivalent is the addition of the wiring harness for the rear-steer.

When setting pinion angle, however, you need to watch your rear-steer caster. If you rotate the rearend too much you may end up with weird handling and increased wear on the components in back. The proper fix for this is to index the knuckles- cut them off and weld them the proper degrees back to stock. Not really hard for a decent shop.

Come check out The QuadrasteerClub !!! We've covered this- and about everything else, there. Good info for Quads :flag: !!

Happy Quaddin' !!

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer and I have been looking for a 6" bolt on kit. All the big lift kit guys like Fabtech,Skyjacker and Rancho have no plans to make a kit for it. I Wonder what is the big deal on lifting it makes these guys shy away from it, well I can get a custom shop to do it with a standard kit but they are looking at $3800 befor rims & tirs  :cool:

If any has seen a kit or what I need to make the standard  kit work Fabtech said NOT to use their kit why I don’t know

Can anyone help THANKS!!! :cool:

Hey, Martian. The ONLY difference to lifting a Quadrasteer to it's comparable 2wd equivalent is the addition of the wiring harness for the rear-steer.

When setting pinion angle, however, you need to watch your rear-steer caster. If you rotate the rearend too much you may end up with weird handling and increased wear on the components in back. The proper fix for this is to index the knuckles- cut them off and weld them the proper degrees back to stock. Not really hard for a decent shop.

Come check out The QuadrasteerClub !!! We've covered this- and about everything else, there. Good info for Quads :D !!

Happy Quaddin' !!

Thanks MrQuadrasteer that confirms my research on the pinion angle do you think if I had a CV joint made to replace the rear driveline I could leave the pinion angle set to stock without having vibration? Thanks for the tip on the Quadrasteer club I will be joining ;)

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 Quadrasteer and I have been looking for a 6" bolt on kit. All the big lift kit guys like Fabtech,Skyjacker and Rancho have no plans to make a kit for it. I Wonder what is the big deal on lifting it makes these guys shy away from it, well I can get a custom shop to do it with a standard kit but they are looking at $3800 befor rims & tirs  :cool:

Can anyone help THANKS!!! :cool:

Come check out The QuadrasteerClub !!! We've covered this- and about everything else, there. Good info for Quads :D !!

Happy Quaddin' !!

Thanks MrQuadrasteer that confirms my research on the pinion angle do you think if I had a CV joint made to replace the rear driveline I could leave the pinion angle set to stock without having vibration? Thanks for the tip on the Quadrasteer club I will be joining ;)

Yup, that would work too. Double-cardon, I think ??

• 4 weeks later...

I have talked to a guy around here with a 02 denali truck with a 4' lift on a quad steer . He claims no problem they just extended the rear harness a little to keep it from being tight . He said no problems at all but did not do a 6' because of driveline angle issues.

So you should be good to go with 4 6 I cannot say

I have talked to a guy around here with a 02 denali truck with a 4' lift on a quad steer . He claims no problem they just extended the rear harness a little to keep it from being tight . He said no problems at all but did not do a 6' because of driveline angle issues.

So you should be good to go with 4 6 I cannot say

All the Quadrasteer compononts are attached to the rear end itself, all self-contained, so lifts are no harder than any other 4wd or 2wd as the case may be. As was mentioned, just extend the electrical wiring and go as high as you want!

Correct, Butch (as always :confused: !!!!).

On the driveline angle issue, you have two choices:

-Use double-cardon or cv joints in place of u-joints, or

-index the rear knuckles (involves cutting the axle tubes and rewelding the knuckles at a different angle- sounds like a big job, but piece of cake for a competent shop)

I think up to 2.5" is nothing to sweat, but over that you'll need to pay close attention. Having the rear knuckles too far out will give goofy handling in back and cause premature wear on those components.

Correct, Butch (as always :confused: !!!!).

On the driveline angle issue, you have two choices:

-Use double-cardon or cv joints in place of u-joints, or

-index the rear knuckles (involves cutting the axle tubes and rewelding the knuckles at a different angle- sounds like a big job, but piece of cake for a competent shop)

I think up to 2.5" is nothing to sweat, but over that you'll need to pay close attention. Having the rear knuckles too far out will give goofy handling in back and cause premature wear on those components.

Thanks for all of the grate info you have posted it give me some things to think about. I have been looking at skyjacker’s new 3” lift that will be out at the end of this month. Their tech guy told me that their kit will not change my pinion angle and they offer a shock relocation bracket so I can keep my auto ride shocks this might be the way to go.

Thank again for all your help.

Archived