Steering Column Rattle

rme8494

Question

Hi everyone,

My boss mentioned to me today that she is hearing a rattle in the steering column of her 2004 Yukon Denali. She said that it sounds similar to one of those old kids games where you had to get the little metal balls in slots. So something like a be-bee runing around in there. She's taken it to the dealer twice now, once she wasn't able to replicate it and the second time they said the fixed it, but did not.

Any suggestions or thoughts on what this might be?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 answers to this question

my wife has a 2004 tahoe that does the exact same thing and her father has an 02 silverado that does it as well. his started about a year ago but i thought his problem was his heavy foot and crazy driving. i dont know what it is or how to fix it but it sucks. i am carrying it to the dealer next week. i have an 04 silverado z71 that i hope doesnt start the mess. :rolleyes:

my wife has a 2004 tahoe that does the exact same thing and her father has an 02 silverado that does it as well. his started about a year ago but i thought his problem was his heavy foot and crazy driving. i dont know what it is or how to fix it but it sucks. i am carrying it to the dealer next week. i have an 04 silverado z71 that i hope doesnt start the mess. :devil:

My first time here, hope I am doing it right. My 01 Yukon had the same problem. Rattle is only when the steering wheel is in relaxed position (not turning at all).The dealer said the column needed to be greased. It worked and that was a year ago. I don't know what they greased but suspect it was at some sort of slip coupling where one end of the shaft slides inside the other end.

Archived