REAR SEAT AUDIO (RSA) QUESTION

I have noticed from my schematics that on the non-Y91 setups there is an "RSA enable signal" wire in the HU harness. In the Y91 HU harness there is not, only the data bus wire. My question here is, are there 2 types of RSA's? One that works from an "enable signal wire" like in the non-Y91 setup's, and one that works from the data bus wire like those in the Y91 setup's? Or, is there just one RSA unit that will work from both types of connections? I suppose this question would also stand for the RSE's as well, cause they are found in both non-Y91, and Y91 setups. Anyone have any ideas? I have bought an RSA, and am getting ready to buy the RSE. I will be installing both in the upcoming weeks.

Also, how does the RSA get tuner info? Through the data bus?

The Lux system uses the HU rear audio outputs for the RSA exclusively. Rear channel for the amp is derived internally, from the HU front audio.

I'm dealing with the same thing. I installed an INR and the LUX AMP and my rear speakers don't drop out when the RSA power button is pressed. Basically, it's because the "RSA Enabling" is done via class-II with Y91, and not via the relay in the RSA controller. I wonder if there is a programming option to correct this?

If the class II is communicating between the HU, the AMP, and the RSA.....then why wont the rear speakers drop out? The data bus is telling it to drop out right? Can you elaborate on why you think your having the problem?

Archived