Loudest exhaust

Do exactly this.

2 inch pipe from the cats, thrush glasspacks, 2 inch pipe to tips, tips of your choice.

Not much sounds this loud AND badass at the same time. And when these glass packs are at idle, they chirp, sounds neat and everyone likes mine when they hear it.

I got a video of it somewhere around here.

www.bigexhaust.com is a good place online, I bought my magnaflow from them.

The loudest? How about a Flowmaster 40 series, those are pretty loud...

I would imagine that the Edelbrock would be the loudest of the ones you listed.

Do like Cool Zr2 said, that would sure enough be loud!

Be careful how much you open that exhaust up. I had a buddy put straight pipes and glass packs on that exact truck. He lost all of his back pressure. It turned into a dog because he lost some torque on the low end and it resonated badly at highway speeds.

Be careful how much you open that exhaust up.  I had a buddy put straight pipes and glass packs on that exact truck.  He lost all of his back pressure.....

You won't loose any backpressure if you keep your cats.

"Right click and Save Target as"

Winter Video

Spring Video

They are QUICKTIME videos, so make sure you go get that player if you don't have it.

Be careful how much you open that exhaust up.  I had a buddy put straight pipes and glass packs on that exact truck.  He lost all of his back pressure.....

You won't loose any backpressure if you keep your cats.

"Right click and Save Target as"

Winter Video

Spring Video

They are QUICKTIME videos, so make sure you go get that player if you don't have it.

Good point, he removed his. That was a good burnout in the "Spring Video". I see you put some different rims and tires on, as not to burn your AT's up. What is in it, a 5.7L?

D@MN!!! THAT SOUNDS BAD@$$

im going to be running a flowtec Warloc dual mod muffler with cutout valve lol i really dont know how to explain it... it has like a straight pipe with a silencer running straight thou with no cat that should be pretty loud...

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Pro...371&prmenbr=361

So, as long as you keep the cats, no back pressure is lost with NO muffler at all? My brother's '05 Z-71 (5.3L) has the cats, but he had a y-pipe fabricated that starts after the convertor with 2.5in piping out the back into big 18in chrome tips. Needless to say, it sounds bada$$!!! He didn't feel like he'd lost any torque, but I thought removing the muffler would cause a loss in back pressure-is the muffler's only real function to reduce noise and harmful exhaust fumes?

Archived