I'm new here, and this seems to be the place for HELP! I bought my '96 JIMMY a year ago, and no matter where the vent controls are set, the air only blows out the defost and floorboards. I changed the switch with a little help last summer, but to no avail. Nothing changed! A heard that a vaccum line might have came loose, but I don't know where the lines run from/to. Any info would be appreciated.....I'm not even certain about the vaccum lines, thats just what I was told.

I'm new here, and this seems to be the place for HELP!  I bought my '96 JIMMY a year ago, and no matter where the vent controls are set, the air only blows out the defost and floorboards.  I changed the switch with a little help last summer, but to no avail. Nothing changed! A heard that a vaccum line might have came loose, but I don't know where the lines run from/to. Any info would be appreciated.....I'm not even certain about the vaccum lines, thats just what I was told.

It's probably the vacumn line.

It seems that GM has at least designed the default (loss of vacumn) so that you at least will clear your windshield.

Where I work we have a fleet of Astro vans and have the same problem. (Mine had it twice) and it was the vacumn line.

No idea where this one is. Try and find a S-10/Sonoma repair manual at the local parts store and look through there.

Archived