Newly Painted Area's?

I just had a couple of problem area's on my truck painted last Wednesday and I was wondering when is the earliest I can wax these area's? Can you do it right away or do you have to wait a certain period of time for the paint to cure?

Thanks.

The site that sells the most expensive touch-up paint on the market (paintscratch.com sells rattle cans for $30 each) says 30 days. That's what I've been told by shops also, and the same timeframe is suggested wth new vehicles...

The site that sells the most expensive touch-up paint on the market (paintscratch.com sells rattle cans for $30 each) says 30 days.  That's what I've been told by shops also, and the same timeframe is suggested wth new vehicles...

It takes about 30days for the chemicals to work it's way out of fresh paint.Waxing early traps them in.

ive always been told in the past to wait 30 days before waxing too. i have a friend who does body work and he says that this was true in the older days when the paints where air cured...now days the paints they use are two part chemicaly cured with hardeners. there cured within hours. he says the shops only say to wait the 30 days so the shop dosent have to wax the car.

rattle can paint is air cured so thats why the touch up paint site says you would need to wait 30 days before waxing.

I don't agree,sometimes a few sand scratches in a poolrly preped car won't show up for 3 or 4 weeks........because it takes that long for it to cure out,they may dry faster but noway are they sured in a few hours.

Archived