Magnaflow polish question

Hey guys, now that I have an SS muffler and tip I need to know what product you recommned to polish/clean the shiny surface. I figure that soap and water are OK for now, but the polished SS tip gets pretty dirty back there and would like to clean with soap and water, then polish it a bit...what do you recommend?...please be specific as there are many options at my local Autozone (product number or color of container with name :P )...thanks, later, :P:P:P

I use "Mothers" billet metal polish on my Corsa exhaust,The product number is 05106, the container itself is clear with kind of a dark red & black label wrapped around it,the cap is also dark red & black.

Be careful of what you use,some polishes will "scratch" polished stainless steel rather than polish it,read the label on what you can safely use it on.And don't use the billet polish on chrome,it will scratch it.

You want to buy something that is made special for whatever metal your cleaning.

I use the Mother's polish like Dale suggested or "Eagle One Never Dull" in a silver can with a black lid. It comes soaked into cotton or something... works really good! I get mine at Wal-mart as it seems to be a little cheaper than the "zone" and I'm already there for the Mobil 1 Synthetic in the 5 quart jug. :P

On a really strange side note, at a pistol competition a few years ago, a Glock factory rep. suggested Never Dull is what I should clean my pistol's slide with... I still haven't tried it for that though... lol

Here's the Never Dull stuff...

http://www.autogeek.net/eo104.html

I would use a combination of the following products...... a mothers power ball and mothers billet metal polish. Assuming you have a drill this will be the best combo. Also, on my 02, I got sick of the little rusty water spots that appeared inside the tip, so I masked off around the tip and sprayed the inside with krylon bbq paint. Two years and counting and the inside of the tips have a nice no gloss black finish and the outside looks brand new. I steel wooled the inside of the tip before painting. Here is a link to the mothers product site. The power ball is located under power products and the billet metal polish is under wheels/tires.

http://www.mothers.com/products/

Archived