Ive got the diagram for the cdx harness. When I go to put them into the c2 on the radio, it already has wires in the spots I am supposed to put the new ones in. Any ideas. I know i solder/splice the 3 wires on the bigger plug on the radio/hu. but the smaller one has wires plugged in. HELP!! haha

Ive got the diagram for the cdx harness.  When I go to put them into the c2 on the radio, it already has wires in the spots I am supposed to put the new ones in. Any ideas.  I know i solder/splice the 3 wires on the bigger plug on the radio/hu.  but the smaller one has wires plugged in.  HELP!! haha

If you have XM and or rear seat audio then there will be wires there. You just splice into them like you did on the 24 pin connector.

ok, i soldered all 6 cdx harness wires to the existing wires that were there, as i would have had to done with the 24 hole big harness for the radio. Im about to hook it all up, wish me luck !

When you say all 6 I hope you mean 3 on the 12 pin connector and 3 on the 24 pin connector and not 6 on the 12 pin connector and 3 on the 24 pin connector.

Yes i did mean that. I got it working and the theftlock removed. I have one last question, i tried to put a switch on the vss wire but its still just like im stopped all the time. Has anyone else put a switch there so you can make changes on the go?

Yes i did mean that. I got it working and the theftlock removed. I have one last question, i tried to put a switch on the vss wire but its still just like im stopped all the time.  Has anyone else put a switch there so you can make changes on the go?

Did you try making destination changes before you added the switch? Some nav models do not have that safety function on them. Are you sure your vss wire is connected properly and sending a signal to the nav unit when the switch is closed (turned on)?

No im not sure, it has a light on the switch. When its on, and in park, the light lights, then, when i get moving, it starts flickering faster as I go faster. I think i'll just do a straight tap in and go from there. The radio is out of an 05, maybe it doesnt have the saftey feature.

I appreciate your help!

No im not sure, it has a light on the switch.  When its on, and in park, the light lights, then, when i get moving, it starts flickering faster as I go faster. I think i'll just do a straight tap in and go from there. The radio is out of an 05, maybe it doesnt have the saftey feature.

I appreciate your help!

05 radio's have the safety feature, it sounds like you have the switches lighting wired into the VSS wire, they should be kept separate, meaning the switches lighting circuit should come from a separate 12 volt source.

sounds like the VSS signal is getting used to power the light in the switch and thus it is not getting to the nav unit. The cure would be to use a non-lighted SPST switch or a switch that has the lighting circuit separate from the load.

Thats what I think, Im going to try a switch without a light. Everything else is in and working great. I drilled a hole in the plastic next to the airbag switch and stuck the switch in it. It looks good lol, just doesnt work haha.

Archived