Interior Dash - Cupholders for 2002 Base

I have a more or less base 2002 K1500 with the graphite interior. Have the basic cloth split bench with cupholders attached to the bottom of the middle seat. Have heard that there is also a cupholder that you can get and put in place of a center panel on the dash - kind of above the existing cupholders. Just a couple of screws.

Been to a dealer, they did come out and look at the truck, but still couldn't find anything. Did see something for a 1999, but they didn't really know. So, do any of you have part numbers or have you done this mod? Seems like an easy yes for a couple of screws and more storage/cups.

Thanks for any advice - on this topic anyway

Mike

I did this to my truck. I do not know the part numbers, but I found the cup holder on ebay and painted it to match my dash. Run a search on sierra or silverado then look at the interior parts or search cupholder.

Hope this helps.

Can I throw my 2 cents in? I drove a '99 for work that had the dash mounted cup holders, and there was always coffee flying all over. They rocked, shook, and vibrated really bad. I ended up driving with one hand on the cup to keep it from spilling. I now have my own '02 with the floor cup holders, and I don't have any issues. Again, just my opinion. Thanks.

i have a 02 silverado with the graphite interior and bought the part from the dealer. they had to look the number up on a 01 i guess it wasnt available on 02 but the 01 fits perfect.... right behind blank panel are some screws that attach to cup holder. I use mine for everything cups,cellphones what ever i wouldnt be without it :thumbs:

I did this to my truck.  I do not know the part numbers, but I found the cup holder on ebay and painted it to match my dash.  Run a search on sierra or silverado then look at the interior parts or search cupholder.

Hope this helps.

Where did you find paint to match? I need to touch up some scratches on my dash(from my dog looking out the window), and would love to find paint that matches. Dealer says N/A.

Archived