More AC trouble

I had problems a couple of weeks agao with my ac on my 1997 Tahoe. After buying a gauge, and adding some r134 I thought everything was going good. But now I have noticed that when I switch to the REC. setting that my fan does not speed up. And also after driving for about an hour, the fan gets slower and slower untill there is hardly any air comming out of the vents att all, it is cold air, but just not much blow. What could be wrong, its hot here now.

I had problems a couple of weeks agao with my ac on my 1997 Tahoe.  After buying a gauge, and adding some r134 I thought everything was going good. But now I have noticed that when I switch to the REC. setting that my  fan does not speed up. And also after driving for about an hour, the fan gets slower and slower untill there is hardly any air comming out of the vents att all, it is cold air, but just not much blow. What could be wrong, its hot here now.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you did not overcharge the system? Look for solid ice buildup on the hose coming out from the evaporator to the compressor. If this is not the case, then test your blower motor, sometimes electronic motors can heat up after a while and reduce rpms.

Just a thought.

Are you sure you did not overcharge the system? Look for solid ice buildup on the hose coming out from the evaporator to the compressor. If this is not the case, then test your blower motor, sometimes electronic motors can heat up after a while and reduce rpms.

Just a thought.

I charged the system to almost 40 pounds, I have not had the chance the past couple of days to mess with it, but I will check for frost.

Archived