Body Control Module

Does anyone know where the Body Control Module is (BCM)  on a 99 ext cab, z71??  the only computer things i can find is one under the hood, and one under the steering column, with 3 connecters.  The reason i am looking is that my foglights have quit working, and i think it may be in there.

Thanks

Matt G.

First off, welcome to the site.  We hope you enjoy it.

The BCM is right under the steering column.  Here's a link to a couple pics.  http://tommy3z71.homestead.com/fl_contr.html   In the pics, it's no the two black boxes, but the part with the blue connectors with all the wires coming out of it.

Do you think that would be where my problem is...  i have installed a new switch, checked the relays, and fuse, and lights, all is good...  the truck was drove alot on gravel roads...  i am about to go nuts, i have a wiring diagram from the dealer, and the wiring looks kind of simple.. any help would be thankful..

Thanks,

Matt G.

It could be in the BCM programming.  I know some guys that didn't get a truck with fog lights bought them and installed them to find out they didn't work until the dealer programmed the BCM to make them work.  Yours might just need reprogramming, hopefully that's all.

I forgot to list that, my dealer reprogramed them, that was before i installed the new switch, or pulled out any of my relays...  do you think it may need to be re-re programed..  will it "remember" it's settings if power is lost..  i had to change my battery, a while back.

Matt G.

Archived