stock tape deck conversion

Hi,

My friend has just inherited a 1992 GMC Sierra. He's got the stock cassette deck without the equalizer. I'd like to get him a deck with the equalizer because he wants to keep it stock, but it would be a step up. By looking at the two different options, the only thing that i can see diferent is that his has treble and bass control on the stereo panel(above the climate controls)

Will this deck exchange convert right over or will i have to get both the deck and control panel?

Many thanks!

Actually if I remember right you have to get all three pieces,The cassette deck,The control head and the receiver unit under the dash.

Its been years since I messed with one of these units,The last one I did was on the '93 I had that also had just the base cassette with no equalizer,I too upgraded to the equalizer unit and had to replace all three pieces.

Actually if I remember right you have to get all three pieces,The cassette deck,The control head and the receiver unit under the dash.

Its been years since I messed with one of these units,The last one I did was on the '93 I had that also had just the base cassette with no equalizer,I too upgraded to the equalizer unit and had to replace all three pieces.

d**n... i went to a wreaking yard yesterday and the guy gave me price of $50 just for the deck- i'm able to get the price down, but al three pieces could get expensive. I'll go to the GM dealer to find out for sure. But thanks for the heads up

I work in the parts dept. at a GM dealer,So if you need any info. let me know.

I can tell you this,All the new stuff needed for this has been discontined from GM.

So you'll have to go the junkyard or rebuilt way.

Archived