MP3 capabilities

• 2 weeks later...

Most CD players play MP3s - even from 04. You can also burn MP3s onto a CD using Windows Media Player. Windows Media is free from www.windowsmedia.com From there you can import your MP3's and create playlists. You can then burn them out to a CD which will play in any CD player. Far cheaper than buying a new CD changer. Also, you can buy super cheap MP3s from www.allofmp3.com

Forget Mp3's....invest on a I-Pod and re-encode all your music to AAC ( Advanced Audio Coding). AAC is what they call Mpeg 4 and Dolby Digital and the format is allot smaller than a Mp3. Here are some advantges over MP3

.Improved compression provides higher-quality results with smaller file sizes

.Support for multichannel audio, providing up to 48 full frequency channels

.Higher resolution audio, yielding sampling rates up to 96 kHz

.Improved decoding efficiency, requiring less processing power for decode

sooner or later Cd's changers and cd's themself will be obsolete.....

later

:rant:

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra with the 6 disc cd changer.  Has MP3 capabilities been added to the cd changer player?  Is there a way to upgrade it?

No,Your 6-disc changer is not set up to accept MP3's

I think the only GM trucks right now set up for MP3's is the Colorado and Canyon, and thats only on the single disc player,not the 6-disc.

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra with the 6 disc cd changer.  Has MP3 capabilities been added to the cd changer player?  Is there a way to upgrade it?

No,Your 6-disc changer is not set up to accept MP3's

I think the only GM trucks right now set up for MP3's is the Colorado and Canyon, and thats only on the single disc player,not the 6-disc.

I agree here as my 05 Sierra will not play them. I discovered this after making about 4 Cd's. WTF....

Forget Mp3's....invest on a I-Pod and re-encode all your music to  AAC ( Advanced Audio Coding). AAC is what they call Mpeg 4 and Dolby Digital and the format is allot smaller than a Mp3.  Here are some advantges over MP3

.Improved compression provides higher-quality results with smaller file sizes

.Support for multichannel audio, providing up to 48 full frequency channels

.Higher resolution audio, yielding sampling rates up to 96 kHz

.Improved decoding efficiency, requiring less processing power for decode

sooner or later Cd's changers and cd's themself will be obsolete.....

later

:rant:

MPEG 4 eh? Are there any aftermarket consoles that play MP4 music? I have over 5000 MP3s, and it is quite the load of hard disk space. If I were to decide to switch, would I be able to switch my MP3s to MPEG 4 format?

Archived