Rear end vibration

98 c3500 dually has vibration at 65 mph. Three sets of tires (original,1st new set,2nd new set). Balanced drive shaft and replaced all three u joints. Replaced all wheel bearings/race.Replaced both brake drums. Checked rims while tires were unmounted& replaced two wheels (balance operator said were good, but had small wobble so replaced rims)Installed "balance beads" (later removed-did no good). Three different tire shops speed balanced off truck, Replaced all rubber bushings in leaf springs/shackels.Removed all four tires/rims and installed set from another dually that had no vibration.No rear end noise or movement. Installed Ranchero shocks.Unable to speed balance while on truck-both sides turn.

I have always thought I knew a little something about working on vehicles but this truck has me beat down. I don't know what to try next. Sure could use advise.

Thanks

Would it be possible to remove the driveshaft and then get towed at 65 mph and see if the vibration is gone? That's about all you have left.

I once had my driveshaft "fixed" by a reputable driveshaft repair company. They never could get it right and assured me that my vibration problem was elsewhere. That was until I bought a *new* driveshaft from the dealer and the problem was gone.

• 1 year later...
Would it be possible to remove the driveshaft and then get towed at 65 mph and see if the vibration is gone? That's about all you have left.

I once had my driveshaft "fixed" by a reputable driveshaft repair company. They never could get it right and assured me that my vibration problem was elsewhere. That was until I bought a *new* driveshaft from the dealer and the problem was gone.

I have similar problem w/ my 2000 2500 4x4 6.0 extend cab short bed.

Vibration starts @ 60mph and get worse as speen increases. Dealer has balanced tires, balanced both drive shafts, turned rotors, ujoints, replaced torque convertor & control valve, replaced front cv joints. Truck has been in shop over 40 days! Now they are looking into rear diff. ? Needless to say, have lost all hope dealer knows what they are doing.

Archived