3" Body Lift vs. 3" Suspension Lift

Hey guys,

I am looking to get about 3-4" more lift on my truck....What are the major differences (pros and cons) of a body lift vs. a suspension lift. I was looking at the Skyjacker suspension lift because i have heard great things about it, but its close to $900 more than a body lift....

Any opinions are Great!!

Thanks guys

The $900 difference alone is enough reason for me. You can get a set of gap guards with the body lift and won't see the gap in the frame and body. I did my whole body lift, rims, tires, tranny cooler, electric fans and PIAA 4000 fog lights for less than $3k and I can do the same things a 3" suspension lift can do for a lot less $$. For me it's about the functionality and with a body lift I got all the functionality I needed with the height I wanted.

Hey guys,

I am looking to get about 3-4" more lift on my truck....What are the major differences (pros and cons) of a body lift vs. a suspension lift.  I was looking at the Skyjacker suspension lift because i have heard great things about it, but its close to $900 more than a body lift....

Any opinions are Great!!

Thanks guys

You going for ground clearance or just need room for bigger tires? I have had both body lifts and suspension lifts. With a body lift you really dont gain any off road benifits other then being able to fit a bigger tire on it. Either way a lift looks better than staying at stock height, in my book anyway

Hey guys,

I am looking to get about 3-4" more lift on my truck....What are the major differences (pros and cons) of a body lift vs. a suspension lift.  I was looking at the Skyjacker suspension lift because i have heard great things about it, but its close to $900 more than a body lift....

Any opinions are Great!!

Thanks guys

You going for ground clearance or just need room for bigger tires? I have had both body lifts and suspension lifts. With a body lift you really dont gain any off road benifits other then being able to fit a bigger tire on it. Either way a lift looks better than staying at stock height, in my book anyway

That helps guys....i can afford the suspension lift so should i just go with that or is it a waste of money?

I don't have first hadn knowledge on this. Did talk with a guy last night at class and he stated a suspension lift is the best way to go. He has done both to vehicles and found that he prefers the suspension more. Also said in some cases it seemed to help the overall handling of the vehicle.

Have a nice day.

Bill

I don't have first hadn knowledge on this.  Did talk with a guy last night at class and he stated a suspension lift is the best way to go.  He has done both to vehicles and found that he prefers the suspension more.  Also said in some cases it seemed to help the overall handling of the vehicle.

Have a nice day.

Bill

I have also heard things about suspension rather than body...when it comes to perfromance and handling...it is supposed to improve the ride and controll of the truck where as a body lift has no affect on the ride...i was also looking at some other pics of body lifts and i do not like what people have to do to their front ends for the tow hooks...also the rear bumper looks funny for some reason...just my personal opionon though...i think i will go with the suspension...now i have to go back to my othe rpost one the 3 or the 6 incher.

Suspension is definately the way to go - especially since you said you have the $$ - for the many reasons already stated relating to the handling, over off-road benefits, etc. It will also add to the resale value of the truck more than a body lift would.

I have been involved in the wheeling community for over 30 years, and this has been debated to death among CJ owners. While the body lifts were easier & cheaper, I doubt one member in my club would recommend body over suspension for lift. Having seen bolts on 3" lifts body lifts snap like twigs will help change your mind.

Yeah a body lift will just make you more top heavier, making the truck handle even worse.

But of course so does a suspension lift, but most of the time you can end up with a better riding  rig than stock.

yeah about those body lifts...i also was thinking that i am only attached to my frame with 8 bolts that are aftermarket bolts...HMMM

Archived