2000 Z71/Z85 Difference

New member here with a quick question. I just purchased a 2000 K1500 Regular Cab SB with 48,000 miles. The truck was advertised by the dealer as a Z71. After finding this site and searching the RPO list I have learned that the truck is actually a Z85 and not a Z71. I'm a bit upset about this but realize it is my fault for believing the dealer and a sticker.

Could one of you tell me the difference between the Z71 package and the Z85 package? Is there a ride height difference between the two for the 2000 model year? Can I still add 285/75/16's with only a torsion bar adjustment?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Chris

Z71 has different shocks than the Z85 too.

Also, Z71 usually has this really cool sticker that makes your truck off-road way better :banghead:

Unless your planning on doing some hunting or driving some log trails, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

If it was me, I would go to the dealer and bitch about them lying to you. They might do something for you, like put a grill gard on your pickup, or put a new set of tires on it or something.

Yea, I'm a cheap bastard. What can I say? :thumbs:

The biggest difference is the shocks,The springs are the same,no difference there.

Z71 gives you the decals,skid plates and the high-capacity air cleaner (Starting in '04 on the Chevy's it also gives you the wheel flares) where the Z85 does not.

The Skid Plates (RPO Code NZZ) High-Capacity Air Cleaner (RPO Code K47) and Wheel-Flares (RPO Code B71) are available on other models as separate options.

Ride height should pretty much be the same,Working at a dealer and seeing these trucks everyday I notice some with a slight variance between them,Even on the trucks with the same suspension package there can be a slight difference between two trucks,Case in point was my '99 Z71 as opposed to my '04 Z71,My '99 sat kinda' low in the back,So I sent it down to the local spring shop and I had them add a leaf to rasie it up a little,Where as my '04 sits up about an inch and half higher than my '99 did so I didn't have to add any leafs.

Archived