1997 Delco Radio Theftlock

yukonGT

Question

I have a 1997 Yukon GT, and purchased another Delco 09354155 radio, just like what came in my 1997. Half of the original radios night time illumination didn't work and thought the economical way was to buy a used one off ebay. How do I reset the theftcode on the new radio? How can I disable the theftcode on the old one before I remove it?

Thanks...John

0 answers to this question

John: I did the exact same thing for my 98. When I installed the new stereo, the display just said LOC and I had no codes. I found this in the forums using the search function. It worked great for me. I don't know who the original author was.

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

Good Luck

Denis

wow...thanks!!!!

John:  I did the exact same thing for my 98.  When I installed the new stereo, the display just said LOC and I had no codes.  I found this in the forums using the search function.  It worked great for me.  I don't know who the original author was.

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

Good Luck

Denis

Archived