Swapping Out Parts

So I just bought a brand new 2006 GMC Sierra 1500. I got a great price on it, so I got it even though it was missing two things I really wanted:

1) Electronic Automatic A/C

2) Power Telescoping Outside Mirrors (Towing Ones)

I'm curious if I was to find these two parts, could I just remove the old one and pop in the new one??? And where can I find these if I wanted to attempt this???

Thanks in advance for the help.

From my understanding, which isn't much....

A/C, I think the automatic has a sensor somewhere in the cab that will regulate the auto, if you don't already have auto you would have to install that, as far as wiring, I don't have a clue.

Mirrors, (I want to do the same thing) I was told that as long as you have power folding mirrors that you can, but I would have to go to the stealership and have them reprogram the power folding to power extend. I don't know if this is true but it is what I was told. I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it though just so you know.

From my understanding, which isn't much....

A/C, I think the automatic has a sensor somewhere in the cab that will regulate the auto, if you don't already have auto you would have to install that, as far as wiring, I don't have a clue.

Mirrors,  (I want to do the same thing) I was told that as long as you have power folding mirrors that you can, but I would have to go to the stealership and have them reprogram the power folding to power extend.  I don't know if this is true but it is what I was told.  I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it though just so you know.

So just gotta find the Mirrors now. Hmmmm.....

Archived