Lifting an 06 Suburban LTZ

Does any one know if you can properly lift an 06 Suburban LTZ, I am in the market for a new burby and like the LTZ, the dealer claims that there will be no probs, but after calling a few lift shops, not as sure. The lift shops say I might have a prob, with the stabilitrak system, but I believe that is standard on all new chey suvs and trucks. I like the Z71 but it has a smaller engine than the 6000 vortec that the LTZ posseses. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

JH

With the 07 bing all new you will probably have to wait for the aftermarket suppliers to catch up. The new burbs are sweet though.

With the 07 bing all new you will probably have to wait for the aftermarket suppliers to catch up.  The new burbs are sweet though.

The 06' is the last body style. The 07' is the new body style.

The 06' would use similar parts that a 2000-2006 sub would use. The stabilitrack could be an aissue along with the autoride if it is equipped. You might be able to disable the stabilitrak with a fuse (maybe) or a programmer. Besides the stabilitrak uses body position sensors along with abs and inertia sensors to activate. Your lift will throw it all off. Call Full Throttle Suspension in Fresno Ca. I think theyve lifted a few denalis and escalades which had stabilitrak and autoride.

PHONE (559) 271-8685

FAX (559) 271-8629

TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT (559) 275-6875

E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

Archived