Bit the 0% hook

Well, I couldn't resist. Sold truck in sig to my brother (minus step bars, and wheels) for $29,500. Bought an 06 Silverado LBZ Duramax. Black Crew Cab LT3, G80, DVD, Sunroof, Camper Mirrors, Skid Plates, etc. Every available option. I will post it in my sig when I swap the wheels over tonight. Seems to run great.

Things I am going to miss (thanks to value engineering)

*memory driver 1 and 2 with integral fobs. New fobs have "1" and "2" printed on them but mean absolutely nothing, DIC just lets you choose "vehicle settings" for both fobs together.

*DIC has about 5 less options including instantanious fuel mileage and overall average MPG. Also, no manual locking option.

*Cheapened gear selector display has reverted all of the way back to 98 style.

*Door panels have no velour inserts or carpet runners on the bottom, also rear door exit lighting is now just a red reflector instead of the light and reflector.

*Tinted strip on windshield is gone.

*The sunroof seems to have been cheapened since last year. Vent shade is now a cheap piece of plastic that allows light to pass and spoiler went from aluminum to black rubber.

*Lumbar has only 2 way adjustment instead of 4.

*Overhead console now has an extra "lip" on it and I cannot fit my sunglasses in it.

*The 2-in-1 sat/ant is stupid. More value engineering. At least the "devil horns" on my 03 looked somewhat uniform coming down the road.

Things I like:

*360HP and 650lb of torque. You definately feel the difference.

*6-speed Allison, the DMax definately needed another overdrive. The Mode Select tranny is just a lazy way of moving the column shifter. It's nice though.

*The VV turbo "whistle" has a cool factor about it.

*The camper style mirrors (although ugly as sin) now have functionality. The convex insert eliminates the huge blind spot I used to have and the vertical style just gives a better view of the distant traffic.

Overall I am very happy. The LBZ makes the truck. There is not an HD truck out with more power. The whole 2 driver personal settings option delete is what I really miss. I never had to think about it because all of my settings where tied to the unlock button on my fob and the same for my wife. Our seat, mirror, climate control, locks, radio stations, and alarm types where all different. Now we have to share. The buttons on the door only change the seat, and you have to push them every time. Oh well, maybe next to go will be power windows and locks. I will post pictures soon.

Well, I couldn't resist.  Sold truck in sig to my brother (minus step bars, and wheels) for $29,500.  Bought an 06 Silverado LBZ Duramax.  Black Crew Cab LT3, G80, DVD, Sunroof, Camper Mirrors, Skid Plates, etc.  Every available option.  I will post it in my sig when I swap the wheels over tonight.  Seems to run great.

Things I am going to miss (thanks to value engineering)

*memory driver 1 and 2 with integral fobs.  New fobs have "1" and "2" printed on them but mean absolutely nothing, DIC just lets you choose "vehicle settings" for both fobs together.

*DIC has about 5 less options including instantanious fuel mileage and overall average MPG.  Also, no manual locking option.

*Cheapened gear selector display has reverted all of the way back to 98 style.

*Door panels have no velour inserts or carpet runners on the bottom, also rear door exit lighting is now just a red reflector instead of the light and reflector.

*Tinted strip on windshield is gone.

*The sunroof seems to have been cheapened since last year.  Vent shade is now a cheap piece of plastic that allows light to pass and spoiler went from aluminum to black rubber.

*Lumbar has only 2 way adjustment instead of 4.

*Overhead console now has an extra "lip" on it and I cannot fit my sunglasses in it.

*The 2-in-1 sat/ant is stupid.  More value engineering.  At least the "devil horns" on my 03 looked somewhat uniform coming down the road. 

Things I like:

*360HP and 650lb of torque.  You definately feel the difference.

*6-speed Allison, the DMax definately needed another overdrive.  The Mode Select tranny is just a lazy way of moving the column shifter.  It's nice though.

*The VV turbo "whistle" has a cool factor about it.

*The camper style mirrors (although ugly as sin) now have functionality.  The convex insert eliminates the huge blind spot I used to have and the vertical style just gives a better view of the distant traffic.

Overall I am very happy.  The LBZ makes the truck.  There is not an HD truck out with more power.  The whole 2 driver personal settings option delete is what I really miss.  I never had to think about it because all of my settings where tied to the unlock button on my fob and the same for my wife.  Our seat, mirror, climate control, locks, radio stations, and alarm types where all different.  Now we have to share.  The buttons on the door only change the seat, and you have to push them every time.  Oh well, maybe next to go will be power windows and locks.  I will post pictures soon.

Shawn -

Congratulations on the new truck! The LBZ is a beast. :cool: Get those pics up soon!

Are those boxers wheels you have?

http://customwheelsmarket.com/ver-truck-v79-68c.html

Do you like them?

Yep, Boxers. The store that sold them to me called them "Vulcans". I need to change the sig. When I post up my new pics I will change it. And yes, I like them. Not too flashy, but tough looking and easy to clean.

Congrats on the new truck,I want a DURAMAX bad but just can't swing the payments,Even at my GM dealer employee price and 0% financing!

(I told my boss I'll buy one if he gives me that raise I so much deserve! :cool: )

I hate to get off topic but do you have any more pics of your truck with those wheels?

Would 265/75R16 fit on those 16x8's?

I'm thinking about picking up a set....

I went from an '03 Avalanche to an '06 GMC 2500HD SLT. I too noticed the cutbacks the General made to sqeeze more profit out of each truck. Whatever happened to adding value and giving the customer what they want. Anyway, I do like my HD. I just may be installing some of the items the General removed.

BTW, what happened to the large sunroof that slid between the roof and headliner? I wanted a sunroof until I saw how much smaller the new ones are and the fact they slide on top of the roof.

Congratulations on your new LBZ.

• 2 weeks later...

"wa-la". Finally took some pictures last night. Have put 1000 miles on it. Been on vacation since I bought it. After around 600 miles, I pulled my camp trailer with it. Holy crap! There can't be another truck on the planet that can pull like it. I thought the LB7 was a beast, this truck is a raped ape. I love it! I sold my truck to my little brother. It is cherry. I am glad it worked out for both of us. I feel like my truck landed in good hands. No guilty feelings here!

Archived