FIPK vs. SLP airbox

I've not tried an SLP, but on my fiancee`'s '99 Jimmy I put an FIPK on it. It DOES give an improvement in gas mileage (like 1, maybe 1.5 mpg) and the engine revs freer. Some will argue that due to the design and materials of an FIPK, you don't see the same benefits as a true cold-air intake. However, when hooked to a scanner, her Jimmy sees IAT's of about 10 degrees above ambient, which isn't too bad at all. It's better than the 15-20 above that we WERE seeing with the old airbox.

It's big competition now and it's actually pretty cool having all these choices.

With that being said....K&N is still the original and outsells all put together so let the bashing begin! :banghead:

It's big competition now and it's actually pretty cool having all these choices.

With that being said....K&N is still the original and outsells all put together so let the bashing begin! :cheers:

K&N all the way. I have had it on my past three trucks and will never change. Its great on my new 5.3l. Definately noticed a difference. Ive seen a few SLP's cant say much. The volants look pretty cool and they have that cold air induction tube. Check those out too.

Archived