Installing factory fogs.

We just got a 06 ZQ8 Colorado. The only thing it was missing that we wanted was fog lamps. Do you guys know what it takes to install factory fog lights? They wouldn't happen to already have the connections in place for you to just swap out the headlight switch, relay and lamps would they?

Also, do the Xtreme fog lamps fit in non-Xtreme bumpers? I wouldn't mind going that route if it were possible.

We just got a 06 ZQ8 Colorado. The only thing it was missing that we wanted was fog lamps. Do you guys know what it takes to install factory fog lights? They wouldn't happen to already have the connections in place for you to just swap out the headlight switch, relay and lamps would they?

Also, do the Xtreme fog lamps fit in non-Xtreme bumpers? I wouldn't mind going that route if it were possible.

Not sure about the Colorado, but I put factory fogs on my Sierra (shown below). I bought the Valance, Lights, Dash Switch, and wiring from the dealer for about $125 and it was pretty easy to install. Also, I had to take my truck in to have the computer programmed so the truck would recognize the lights. I think that cost me about $35. Again, this was for my full size Sierra so it might be different for your rig. Hope this helps.

Archived