wipers won't turn off 03 yukon xl

Advrider

Question

0 answers to this question

It's looking like the 1999-2006 trucks may follow the earlier 1994-1998 with the same problem. There's not much to the wiper motor system. Most of it is the module. You can go through GM's diagnostics but there is a very high probability the problem is with the module. Just replace it or the module/motor assembly and get it over with. My truck's system behaved exactly as you described yours. Replacing the module/motor assembly solved the problem. Good luck.

Guys, i'm having the same problem with a 2003 Silverado 2500HD i believe it woul be the same part #. the dealarship doesnt allow returns on electrical parts though. how can i make sure this is the problem? Also, the "speed" that the wipers are stuck in is the second to the fastest. they will not go any slower, but they will go faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

TODD

Thanks. Upon checking prices for the module it costs as much as the remanufactured motor/module assembly from Parts America and others. I did replace the complete assembly and it works great. One problem with the motor became quite obvious when it was exposed. Valeo. French.

The part number for the "cover kit" (circuit board, module) is 88958372. This was a common failure on s-10 and 1994-1998 full size trucks.

Guys, i'm having the same problem with a 2003 Silverado 2500HD i believe it woul be the same part #. the dealarship doesnt allow returns on electrical parts though. how can i make sure this is the problem? Also, the "speed" that the wipers are stuck in is the second to the fastest. they will not go any slower, but they will go faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

TODD

I have a 2004 Sierra. The wiper motor won't shut off. I had to stop and pull the fuse. Is the board or control module becoming a common problem for the '99-'06 trucks too? Does anyone sell the module only? There was another post in the past asking for a part number. Has anyone located a part number for it yet?

Also, the service manual presents diagnostic steps to locate the problem. One step is to disconnect the turnsignal/multifunction connector. Unfortunately, that is one connector it fails to describe or show its location. The designation is C3. Does anyone know where to find it? It's 13°F here and I have to do this in the driveway, so, I really don't feel like hunting under the dash for the thing.

Archived