Florida Diesel Truck Sled Pulls

STPETEBLUE

Okay Diesel Guys and Gals. The Florida Diesel Truck Club is looking to sponsor an ALL DIESEL sled pull. No gassers will be allowed to pull at this event. The event will take place on a Saturday in the early afternoon, early enough to bring the family. What we would like to know is, who would be interested in an event like this? It will most likely be in Port Charlotte, Florida. We do not have a date yet, as we are just looking for interested participants. You do not have to be a member of FDTC to pull at our events. If you are interested, please leave us a comment with your feedback on our MySpace Blog (http://blog.myspace.com/floridadieseltruckclub).

The thought is that we would like to see 100 trucks. The pull would most likely be in late July at the indoor arena in Wauchula, because of rain that time of year.

Also might do some advertising on the local country radio station.

We talked about having 4 classes.

1. Stock. Any truck that has a stock exhaust system would fall in this class regardless of chips or whatever. No Nitrous allowed on any trucks.

2. Modified Street. Any truck that is street legal with a current registration and insurance could pull in this class regardless of mods.

3. Super Diesel. Anyone with any mods could pull in this class.

4. Work Stock. Trucks weighing over 8,000 lbs would pull here.

Classes 1,2 and 3 would have a 8,000 lb limit. All truck's would be limited to a 26" hitch height and have a standard receiver type hitch. Truck's not meeting any of these requirements could pull for exhibition only.

Hook fees will most likely be $30 per class. Payout will be 3 places and based on the number of trucks. Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I could've gotten a diesel if I wanted one, but I do primarily city driving and I don't tow anything needing gooseneck/5th wheel trailers. My 6.0L gasser gets the job done well enough, I've pulled trailers that would've had my Colorado on the bumpstops and it would barely sag the rear end. Only thing I don't like is the gas mileage, but it's to be expected, V8, big truck, heavy right foot.

• 4 weeks later...

New info:

More complete info, including date and time is on our website (link in my sig.).

Click on the "Events" link.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys and gals, this is gonna happen. If this pull is as successful as it appears to be, we will try to do four a year, maybe even in different areas of the state. We'll just have to see.

Here is the current info. There is even 1 class for gassers:

The (almost) All Diesel Sled Pull

Wauchula Cattleman's Arena

Wauchula, Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 21st, 2007

Registration / Weigh-in starts at 3:30pm

Pulls start at 5:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General rules (except Open Diesel Class)

1. Maximum hitch height - 26 inches

2. Receiver type hitches only

3. Solid steel type draw bar (ball mount) - no hollow mounts

4. DOT street legal tires

You can pull in the Open Diesel Class and one other class only.

Stock Diesel Class - Pull Fee $30.00

Maximum weight 8,200 lbs.

No hanging weight

Aftermarket exhaust is allowed

Programmers are allowed

No engine modifications

Diesel fuel only (no Nitrous or Meth Injection)

Lift kits and oversize tires are allowed

License plate and proof of Insurance required

Work Truck Diesel Class - Pull Fee $30.00

Work trucks with no weight restrictions

Stock exhaust or equivalent diameter only

No weight add-ons (Must pull with your typical work load)

Super Street Diesel Class - Pull Fee $30.00

Maximum Weight 8,000 lbs.

Hanging weight is allowed

Any engine modifications, programers, turbos, injectors are allowed

Modified Diesel Class - Pull Fee $ 40.00

Maximum weight 8,500

All 4x4 diesel trucks can pull

Pulling hitch is allowed

Nitrous or Meth is allowed

Open Diesel Class - Pull Fee $40.00

Maximum weight 8,500

All 4 X 4 trucks can pull

Gas trucks are allowed

Nitrous is allowed

Accommodations

Best Western Heritage Inn & Suites

2727 US Highway 17 North

Bowling Green, FL 33834-5124

Phone: 863-773-2378

Christine Roberts - General Manager

Amos - Front Desk Manager

Rates are normally $89.00 she will discount to $75.00 per night for us. Reservations must be made Monday through Friday, 7am to 3pm, and only speak to Amos. Be sure to mention The Florida Diesel Truck Club & the Truck Pull. Rooms are either 2 queens or 1 king. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but does offer a "extended breakfast" that is included in the room rate. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, danishes, muffins, bagels and orange juice.

There are restaurants within 3-5 miles.

Wauchula Cattleman's Arena is approximately 10 minutes away.

Archived