Rear Parking Lights Not Working

luke713

Question

i have an '01 silverado...the tail lights arent working...didnt see any burnt fuses...bulbs are good...but still i get no juice to the lights...the front parking lights work, and all the blinkers and backup lights work fine...in the back under the bed near the rear bumper, i see the cluster of wires that feed the tail lights and such...where does that cluster start? or is there something else i should be looking into?

0 answers to this question

Did you check power comming from the connector or from the circuit board? The tail light circuit boards have been know to be faulty.

connector? circuit board? where are these? under the truck in the rear?

in the rear underneath, i unplugged the connections, and checked the wires that come from the front...no juice for tail lights there? but if it was a fuse, wouldnt something else not by working? it there a fuse just for the tail lights...as all the other lights work fine

I may of misunderstood what you were stating. So all the lights in the tail light work with the exception of the brakes? If so the brake light switch may be bad.

Check the RR PRK fuse and the LR PRK fuse under the hood for power and the fuse is good, check the PARK LAMP relay(swap with another one or somthin) and check the PARK LPS fuse... also see if your license lamps work because they are fed by the prk fuses to... kinna an odd problem that only the rears would go out, so just triple check that the fronts actually do work... if all that looks okay than check the brown/white wire and brown wire at connector C1 which is a blue connector at the junction block in the rear for power and look at the terminals REALLY GOOD... if there is power there than its somthing with the wires comming out of the junction block or bulbs, and check the bulb sockets good and wiggle the bulbs and see if they come on... good luck with all that

holy shiat...i didnt know about those fuses...thanks heaps...man what happened to cars (err...trucks) having one fuse panel in the vehicle...oh well, i guess im just a noob...thanks again...i can drive at night...woohoo!

check that junction block in the back that you were talking about, unplug each connector and check the terminals and make sure there not opend up to much or make sure there not melted and burnt... if your sure that there is no burnt fuses than that is your best bet...

Did you check power comming from the connector or from the circuit board? The tail light circuit boards have been know to be faulty.

in the rear underneath, i unplugged the connections, and checked the wires that come from the front...no juice for tail lights there? but if it was a fuse, wouldnt something else not by working? it there a fuse just for the tail lights...as all the other lights work fine

I may of misunderstood what you were stating. So all the lights in the tail light work with the exception of the brakes? If so the brake light switch may be bad.

no no no....the rear parking lights are the ones that dont work...rear brake lights and blinkers work, and all in the front work too....only rear parking lights dont work (what i call tail lights)....is that a better description

Check the RR PRK fuse and the LR PRK fuse under the hood for power and the fuse is good, check the PARK LAMP relay(swap with another one or somthin) and check the PARK LPS fuse... also see if your license lamps work because they are fed by the prk fuses to... kinna an odd problem that only the rears would go out, so just triple check that the fronts actually do work... if all that looks okay than check the brown/white wire and brown wire at connector C1 which is a blue connector at the junction block in the rear for power and look at the terminals REALLY GOOD... if there is power there than its somthing with the wires comming out of the junction block or bulbs, and check the bulb sockets good and wiggle the bulbs and see if they come on... good luck with all that

Sorry I can't help , but I have to reply five times before I can ask why my reverse lights come on when I hit the brakes.

Archived