Height Of Bed Rails On 2500hd

Evl

Does anyone know where to find out the height of the bed rails on a 2500HD (2wd ext cab, long bed, z71, if any of that makes a difference)? Need to make sure that my gooseneck trailer will clear the bed... Thanks!

Does anyone know where to find out the height of the bed rails on a 2500HD (2wd ext cab, long bed, z71, if any of that makes a difference)? Need to make sure that my gooseneck trailer will clear the bed... Thanks!

There are way too many variables for such a specification. Time to break out the trusty Home Depot tape measure.

bummer... I was hoping to avoid the salesmen at a dealer :driving:

thanks tho

About 21 inches from the floor of the bed to the top of the rails on mine. Like a dummy, I thought you wanted the measurement from the ground to the top of the bed... Sorry... left my brain at home on the charger today.

No no, you were right the first time. I went to the dealer, and measured a few. Seems to be in the 58" to 59" range. I'm having a trailer built for hauling a car around, which can be either with 60" or 66" of clearance below the gooseneck area. With the former, it leaves enough room to put the generator up there, vs taking up floor space in the back, but I think I'll need more clearance than that even assuming the springs will compress a bit with 1500 lbs on the hitch.

No no, you were right the first time. I went to the dealer, and measured a few. Seems to be in the 58" to 59" range. I'm having a trailer built for hauling a car around, which can be either with 60" or 66" of clearance below the gooseneck area. With the former, it leaves enough room to put the generator up there, vs taking up floor space in the back, but I think I'll need more clearance than that even assuming the springs will compress a bit with 1500 lbs on the hitch.

WHAT? You mean my brain isn't at home on the charger and I am really this dumb?

Heheheh

Archived