Rough Country 3 Inch Lift With Pics

I was looking at gettting that kit for my 08 silverado cc z71 4x4 due to the money just not being there right now for a 6 inch lift wheels and tires. Im running 265 70 17 thats what came on my truck stock but would like a 33 inch tire when they are worn out. Seems RC's 3 inch lift is the answer to being able to stuff 33's under the truck on a tight budget for now as long as it will hold up. I talked with RC a few minutes ago and they said their problems have been corrected by going to diffrent bushings of better quality how true is that im not sure. Thats why i havent done anything with my truck as of yet. The big 6 inch lift wheels tires and new gears are in the distant future for me.

B O D Y L I F T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need 3 inches of lift to run 33s. Lots of people running 33s with just the rc 2" spacer, myself included.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so many other combos's for the amount of work involbed in the lift, The 2" space is plenty for a 33, If you want more throw on the body lift 1.5 or 3. Look at ZONE they have a kit for the same price as the RC 3" thats 5". Its a spacer and 3" body lift clears 33 and looks nice. Much easier to do than the RC. My opinion its better too. Your not messing with your suspension and modifying it like you do with the RC kit.

• 3 months later...
I installed a Rough Country 3 inch lift on my 2008 sierra 1500 extended cab. The lift is great! It is the perfect height and the factory ride is still what i get. The lift was relatively unexpensive and easy to install especially with the help of rough country's customer service. They answered any questions i had and were glad to help me out. i also added recon cab roof lights. All I am waiting for now is a few bucks to buy some BFG all terrains. I have been trying to post pictures but they are too large to post and i dont know how to post them otherwise so here is a collage of three before the lift and three after the lift. I could post more if someone could tell me how to make the file size smaller so i can post the true size pictures. hope you guys like it! Rought country is defintiely the way to go in my opinion if you want a quality but affordable lift!

how is the lift working out now i just bought one do you still like yours

Did you see the crazy price Ready lift are asking for there version of this kit! $1000

true but sometimes you pay for what you get. :cool:

Not in this case! $1000 for a spacer kit? 4" on the front end WITHOUT correcting the tie rod or LCA angles?

For a few hundred more you can get a real suspension lift that corrects ALL of the important angles AND retains some down travel.

• 2 weeks later...
does a body lift void your warrenty in any way ? i was told today it voids my complete warrenty because of all the cutting that has to be done. i have a 2009 sierra

:) whoever told you that is a complete idiot.

It won't void much of anything.. however lazy dealerships will use it as an easy "out" if you bring your truck in for any popping/clunking noises that they can't quickly solve in 2 minutes.

Install it correctly and there's nothing to worry about. Engine, Drivetrain, Suspension is all unaffected. Anything electrical or mechanical with the body is also unaffected as long as you follow the instructions and dont screw up any of the wiring harnesses (disconnect during the work and reconnect when done to be safe).

• 6 months later...

I know this threads a bit old, but I got a question for some people about this kit... I know theres mixed reviews but its still an option. I'm wondering what the benefits of going with their upper control arm/ball joint combo is? I know you dont have to cut out the bump stop, but is there any other advantage because it doesnt look adjustable at all. TIA

Archived