Rough Country 3 Inch Lift With Pics

I know this threads a bit old, but I got a question for some people about this kit... I know theres mixed reviews but its still an option. I'm wondering what the benefits of going with their upper control arm/ball joint combo is? I know you dont have to cut out the bump stop, but is there any other advantage because it doesnt look adjustable at all. TIA

NOPE! If you want I still have the kit I took off my truck with the RC UCA's. I never had the heart to sell it to anyone, but if you just want to give away money then give it to me. :seeya:

In all seriousness that kit should never be an option.....never.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, fine then! lol , I'm having trouble finding any other options in that size of a lift, or something close. Anyone have any links to good online sites to buy from? or any suggestions on brands to look up? And I'm not big on body lifts as it seems you seem to be suggesting :troll: lol

Skyjacker makes a 3" the right way for $1400, Zone and BDS have 4" kits $13-1800.

Levelling kit and a 1.5 or 3" body will net you a good amount to run 33x1150's

(The levelling kit and a 1.5 body lift would net the same as the RC 3" - that kit basically levelled it and lifted about an inch and a half) - however in the wrong way. This setup is cheaper too! and ur angels stay better.

ok, fine then! lol , I'm having trouble finding any other options in that size of a lift, or something close. Anyone have any links to good online sites to buy from? or any suggestions on brands to look up? And I'm not big on body lifts as it seems you seem to be suggesting :wtf: lol

3" body, 2" leveling kit. :crazy:

so ive read all your post and am really wondering about this lift, my sister has a 1500 extra cab 2wd and wants to buy the rc 3". i told her WITHOUT a-arm's because i figured that they cant screw up a spacer and blocks that much. and plus why would you need them. i have had a 2inch on my 1500 for 15,000 miles and i see no problems. Do you think the 3 inch without arms would be okay?

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 reg short 5.3L 2inch front 2inch back

2008 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Crew Dually. Banks Power over 1000 hp.

Do you think the 3 inch without arms would be okay?

No. Kiss your balljoints, tie rods and steering rack goodbye.

CST makes a nice 4.5" lift for the 2WD GMT900 trucks. It utilizes 3.5" lift spindles (that's 3.5" of lift without changing ANY angles) and a 1" spacer. I believe it also comes with rear blocks as well. If I had a 2WD truck, i'd definitely go this route. Install is a breeze and you won't screw with any reliability issues

• 4 weeks later...
alright well thanks i was really wonderin reading this.

Anyone have an opinion on the 3" rough country lift? ha ha

Yes, It is a great lift. Im going to buy another one when my income tax comes in.

Everyone looking at this lift need to just do the CCM 2.5 leveling kit and Zone 1.5" BL. I just finished my zone last weekend, and it looks so good now and even taller that it was with that RC 3" shit. And CMack, all you should do is add the Zone 1.5 to your leveling kit if you are looking for something similar to this piece of shit lift. I assure you, you won't have any of the issues you would with the RC and it is way cheaper.

I know this threads a bit old, but I got a question for some people about this kit... I know theres mixed reviews but its still an option. I'm wondering what the benefits of going with their upper control arm/ball joint combo is? I know you dont have to cut out the bump stop, but is there any other advantage because it doesnt look adjustable at all. TIA

I'd like to see where the "mixed reviews" are on this kit.

There are very good advantages to going with their UCA's. The advantages I had with them were:

1) They rub the coil on the strut everytime the axle droops all the way down

2) The front end never aligns properly

3) The bushings wear out and squeak like hell

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see where the "mixed reviews" are on this kit.

There are very good advantages to going with their UCA's. The advantages I had with them were:

1) They rub the coil on the strut everytime the axle droops all the way down

2) The front end never aligns properly

3) The bushings wear out and squeak like hell

I'm just curious if anyone here with a negative opinion of this kit had the newest version? I keep seeing a lot of reviews from people that had the older one that really hated it but I'm wondering if the upgrades helped? And dont worry, I did the level with the 1.25" BL.

Archived