Switched From Edelbrock to Ranchos

DigUout

One of the Edelbrock IAS shocks that I purchased in May broke last week.  I had been very happy with these on paved curvey roads, but less than happy offroad or just on rough roads.  For the money I didn't feel they lived up to the hype.

So I purchased a set of Rancho RS5000's Thursday from a local performance shop.  They are a little longer so after the first of the year I can add a 3" lift.  The 5000's were suggested as being better for towing than the 9000's.  This guy knows I'm looking to spend more money with him, so hopefully he's right with his recomendation.

If you are looking for shocks on your tow and semi-offroad truck, I can't endorse the Edelbrock's.  However if you primarily run paved roads, with no load, they perform very well.  I'll hold my opinion on the Ranchos for a couple of months for break-in.

Hope this helps someone who's shopping or researching-

I've got the Rancho RS9000's on my truck and I couldn't be happier w/ them.   For those of you who are wondering the 5000's are "self-adjusting" and the 9000's are a little pricier and have a dial on them where you can set the ride quality.  1 thru 5.  1 is great for roads and the ride is smoother than most cars.   While 5 is very stiff and is great for towing or off-roading.  I'm very happy w/ my rancho's.

Archived