Security Light Comes On While Driving

silveradowes

Question

Security lights on while im driving sometimes and stays on till i turn off and restart. I noticed if i shut it off and turn the key around or else open my door while i start the truck security light desnt come on.(read those tips online somwhere and seem to work) Can someone tell me the problem and is there anything i can do.

thx

4 answers to this question

yesterday i stopped for gas and my truck would not start, security light was flashing truck wold turn over but not start. I left the key on the ON position for 8-10 minutes and it was OK it started right up. I found a way to somewhat bypass the alarm by putting a resistor before the key lock that way just need to measure the resistance of the key to figure out the right resistor needed. It will think the key is always in the ignition, but i dont see any roblems with that? Has anyone done this? How'd it work?

I have a similar problem. I am driving and the security light comes on. The truck keeps running until I stop and shut it down. It will not restart. The 2 amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse box is blown. I replace the fuse and everything is fine. What is causing this problem? I keep a plastic bag of 2 amp fuses in the glove box so I don't get stuck.

Security lights on while im driving sometimes and stays on till i turn off and restart. I noticed if i shut it off and turn the key around or else open my door while i start the truck security light desnt come on.(read those tips online somwhere and seem to work) Can someone tell me the problem and is there anything i can do.

thx

It seems like the passlock in the security system isn't recognizing the key when it's in the ignition. Try the spare key and see what that does. Try a re-learn also, I can't think of the name of it though right now.

Archived