Running Lean & Service Stabilitrak 07 Sierra

Fixed

Hey. I also have a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500. I am having all of the same problems except mine will go into "Reduced Power Mode" after the Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control warning comes on. I seen that you had a vacuum leak. Where was the leak at? Maybe it will fix my problem as well!

• 1 month later...
Ok well after all of this I think I found the probelm to be a vacuum leak. What is supposed to attach to the black thing coming off the intake on the passenger side? Is it just supposed to have a cover on it?

Thanks

Where is this picture... I am having the same problem with my truck and need some help please :thumbs:

• 2 years later...

I was having this exact same issue with my 2007 Silverado. Service stabilitrak light would come and go, mainly at low RPMs and go away when the RPM's rose.

I found out that the problem was an exhaust leak at the flange between the manifold and catalytic converters. This was causing the lean code and triggering the service stabilitrak. I patched that up and it has been running great since.

The important thing here is to know which bank is being triggered. If it is both then it is probably up by the intake. If it is one or the other it is either a sensor or an exhaust leak. This, of course, is just from my experience.

Hopefully this helps someone with the same problem!

• 3 years later...

2007 Suburban 5.3 Flex, cel on, service stabilitak, hard shifts resolved!

For my application, I had a lean bank1 & 2 code (P0171,P0174) and hard shifts, intermittant.... only when stabilitak warning occured.

It was an intake leak.... the hose connected to the drivers valve cover cracked.

Apparently anytime the stabiltrak warning occurs (many, many possible errors), the default is maximum line pressure and hard shifts.

FYI, I deleted the AFM feature, both in the ECU and mechanical. Replaced cam, non-afm lifters for all cylinders, and non-afm valley cover. No noticable differnce in mpg.

• 3 years later...