The Show Goes On

MountaineerTom

Well, we've all discussed the Dale Sr. situation for almost a week now, and it still sucks. Nevertheless, there will be races in Rockingham on Saturday and Sunday, with one new driver and a different paint job on an old favorite.

News will continue to evolve aboout the crash and the investigation results and we will anxiously await the findings, speculating to the reasons behind the tragedy that we all have been forced to deal with.

But this is a new race, a new track, and unfortunately a new era in NASCAR. We owe it to ourselves and to Dale Earnhardt Sr. to attend, watch, listen, and enjoy again what has given us so much pleasure in the past.

Things will never be the same. We will never see the black #3 charging to the front, making pit stops, or "dirt-tracking" through the turns.

NASCAR was here before Dale Earnhart was a star, I think Dale would like us to enjoy NASCAR from our view as he watches an guides his sons from his view.

Let's not be too sad tomorrow and Sunday; we are not witnessing the end of an era, rather the beginning of a legacy.

Even though it will never be the same like you said, I have to watch.  I will be showing my support for all three of the DEI teams.  I kind of think I owe it to them in this tough time.  I always planned to support them when DE was done racing, just didn't expect it to be this soon.

btw, I expect one of the three DEI teams to win the championship this year.  Not saying which one, but I think one will do it for their owner....

I didn't get to watch qualifying today, but my brother-in-law saw it and said ALL the WC teams were wearing #3 hats. I thought that was pretty cool.

Archived