Auidiophile/Basshead upgrades.

Okay, I'm abit of an Sound Q freak now, and also a reformed basshead.  Meaning that I like to have my music sound like it's being played in front of me, but I also like to blow the windows out of the passing cars sometimes.  i'm planning on upradeing the stereo in the rig, but I'm not sure how to do the subs and amps.  

All my installs have been in sedans so I've had a trunk to work with.  With the truck, I lose that option, obviously!  So my issue is similar to Claw's.  I want to keep the rear seat, but I really don't hauld anything that can't stay in the bed or under the tonneau.  What I was considering is putting in 4 10" JL's (probably w-4's, but that could change).  Planning on running 2 Fosgate Power 500.1's to the subs, and another 4 channel to the highs and mids.  My main question is how much room is there behind the seats.  The amps are going to have to go there, because I don't want to cut throught the bed, being in the salt belt, and the EQT's are going in the bottom of the rear seat.  I was planning on building a bracket for each side to move the top of the seat forward a little so I could get a little more airflow.  Any ideas?  Thanks alot, sorry to ramble!

a friend of mine has a 98 z71 and put to amps moounted behind the back seat against the wall, then added 2 tubular fans that were on either side of the amps to make sure the were kept cool, looks really good and he has had no problems with that setup. had the install professionally done and look nice

Looks Nice Smitty!!  I was considering doing something to that effect also. Considered just building an amp rack out of Aluminum or something like that.  I'll have to listen to the truck with 2 subs before moving on to 4 though.  

I was planning on istalling at least 2 fans behind the seats.  If I can figure out how to get fresh air into the fans it would be even cooler!

I'm going to probably just go with a single 10" in one of those sealed boxes that goes under the rear seat.  I don't really want it to shake the neighbor's windows when I come down the street, we already have a doofus who has 4 12" subs in the back of his Jeep Cherokee.  I just want it to have decent, clean, tight (above all) bass.

I'll probably change the back speakers then, but they aren't bugging the hell out of since the bass blockers are killing the low end, like they did before.  I was figuring on buying a 4 channel amp, run 2 ch. bridged on the sub, and run the backs off the H/U, and the fronts, with the bass rolled off under 150hz or so.  Should sound good!

Archived