As some of you may or may not know, I was considering putting 4 10" JLs under the rear seat.  Well, for financial and hearing reasons, I have decided to go with the 2 12's.  Planning on running and orion HCCA 225 for the compnents, and a HCCA 275 for the subs.  That's it so far.  

I have a question about a Line Driver.  I really don't want to rip out the factory head right now.  I am eyeing the new Clarion in-dash DVD player, maybe later.  The question is, how do they work, and are they worth it?  It's gonna be a while before I got video.  Maybe a year or more.  Any sugestions?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

As some of you may or may not know, I was considering putting 4 10" JLs under the rear seat.  Well, for financial and hearing reasons, I have decided to go with the 2 12's.  Planning on running and orion HCCA 225 for the compnents, and a HCCA 275 for the subs.  That's it so far.  

I have a question about a Line Driver.  I really don't want to rip out the factory head right now.  I am eyeing the new Clarion in-dash DVD player, maybe later.  The question is, how do they work, and are they worth it?  It's gonna be a while before I got video.  Maybe a year or more.  Any sugestions?  Thanks.

A line driver increases the voltage from the rca outputs of the headunit.  Running a higher voltage through the rca's to the back of the truck (or car) can help reject noise.  Also, some amps ,Phoenix Gold ZPA's for example, need a higher voltage on the RCA's to put out the rated power (there are not many amps at all that require this and I don't think your Orions do). I really don't think line drivers are worth it now-a-days with higher output voltage from today's aftermarket head units, but it might be a good idea to run one if you're keeping the stock head unit.

Archived