'08 Water Leak Under Carpet, Drivers Side.

So I have found that water leak. Water is coming in under the carpet through the grommet for the parking brake cable. Off to the dealer tomorrow to get it taken care of but wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

I first noticed the problem this winter but thought I must have drug a lot of snow in as I noticed when we had a heavy snow fall. Second time was snow as well. Both times I removed the floor mat and let it dry. Well this is the third time and it was rain and not snow so I starting taking a look. When I pulled up the edge of the carpet I found the padding under the carpet soaked and moldy. With a little poking around I find I can spray water at the parking brake cable grommet and it seeps in.

Hopefully I will not only get the leak sealed but padding replaced as well.

My 2008 had the same thing and I just found it by chance right at 35,000 + miles. When I took it to the dealer the first thing out of the service writers mouth was that "it was out of warranty". After I explained that the leak didn't just occur, they agreed to look at it. A short time later I got a call from the service writer that the "aftermarket tires were the cause of the leak since they put out mor water spray". I then called the service mamager and common sence prevailed and a different mechanic (who had a new video tool on the end of a flexible probe) found the source. It was a body seam that wasn't calked properly causing all the padding under the carpet (behind the brake pedals too) and even on the passanger side to become saturated. So far so good, but I'm keeping an eye on it and the truck even smells better inside now...

Well it turns out I was mistaken as to where the leak is as it sat in the rain overnight and had a puddle of water under the carpet. So it's not comming up threw the grommet while driving but...

Dealer is taking it for several days to find leak, will let you all know what they find.

One of my friends is having the same issue, the dealer put it in a "rain room" or what ever they called it(I had no clue the dealerships had anything like that). The dealer found no water coming in the truck but every time it rains he has water in the truck. I made a joke he didn't close his door all the way so ever since then he makes sure its closed nice and tight but still has water. Let us know if they find the source of the leak and good luck.

Does it have sunroof ? If so I had the Same issue with my 08 Crew, water would be on my front floor all the time. It was the Seal around the sunroof. They Replaced that under warranty. So far no more leaks.

I have also heard about the third brake light having leak issues they replaced that too while it was there.

let me know if that helps.

My friend at work said he finally found his leak, he pulled the door apart and said he could see water coming in the door from around the window. He also said the foam that is stuck on the inside of the door wasn't sealed on his.

When the dealer says that “they’ve fixed it” keep an eye on it. My dealer thought that they found the leak and after the next rain storm it was wet again. Mine was wet under the carpet on the jute pad and even way up behind the brake and gas pedals. It’s amazing that when the jute backing gets wet, the water just migrates all over (to the passenger side) and is very difficult to dry out. If you have mold or an off-smell get the dealer to change the pad too. I’d bet that if my truck had a firewall seam that wasn’t calked appropriately there are more trucks out there with the same issues.

Well the dealer called yesterday afternoon and said it was a leaking body seem someplace on/around the b-pilar. They are drying it out and replacing the pad as needed. Should have it back today or tomorrow. So hopefully all is well, but I will be keeping an out for a while.

Archived