North Carolina Trip

RyanbabZ71

Middle of July I am taking a trip down to North Carolina.  Any sights i should check out?

I am going white water rafting on the french broad river (i think thats what it is)

Definitely take a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Grandfather Mountain is close to Asheville.  Biltmore is worth a visit.   :thumbs:

I agree!! In addition, I would drive down to Cherokee, NC to the reservation. You can gamble there!! Then drive over the mountains (beautiful drive) to Gatlinburg, TN and Pigeon Forge, TN. There is an incredible amount of places to see and things to do. Do a search on the internet for both locations! From Pigeon Forge you can drive up and hit I-40 east and head back to Asheville or drive back through the mountains the way you came!!

It is a beautiful area! I hope you have a great time!!!

• 4 weeks later...

i dont know havent looked at a map yet.  My grandparents are going tomorrow and i will get directions from them when they get back next wk

If you have a laptop, Rand-McNally makes a TripMaker and StreetFinder program with a GPS antennea so you can see where you are on the road.  I thinkit's like 49.99 if I remember correctly

The stretch on I40 from the Tenessee border to Asheville is a doozy.  Just make sure you take it easy in the truck in this area.  Have fun!

What do you mean by doozy?  Cops? Bad roads?  Mountains?  

Also whats the speed limit in your parts?  Around here for the most part it is 55 (to damn slow)

What do you mean by doozy?  Cops? Bad roads?  Mountains?

Not sure what he meant, but I found it to be:

Hilly/Mountainous

Dangerous (blind curves,falling rock,blind hills)

Lots of 18 wheelers

Lots of mentally challenged drivers

Archived