chevy4x4trucks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys...originally from Delafield, Wisconsin (about 1/2 hour West of Milwaukee) which is still my permanent home. I'm currently at UW-Madison studying Mechanical Engineering.

Neat to see someone from Coleman...I drive through there a lot in the fall heading to our 40 acres and cabin in Crivitz. Love that area of the state!

-Steve

Oh yeah...a little background about me.

I started on vehicles by lifting my 1990 Chevy Suburban 4" and outfitting it with 33" tires and many other ($,$$$) goodies. I've been to the Pipeline and McCaslin mountain twice. Unfortunately, I'm thinking about selling her because she doesn't get driven much anymore and could use some body work (for my taste anyway). I recently purchased a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 Z71 Extended Cab Short Bed which I like a lot. Surprising amount of power from a (what I assume to be) stock vehicle.

-Steve

hey... welcome to the site...!!! hopefully we can actaully get a cruise together...!!! it would be nice to actaully meet the face behind the name...!!! yeah know... but i have so much work to do to my van its not even funny... i am currently seeking a V8 and transmission... body work and alot of interior work... oh yeah... body kit rims paint ALOT TO DO!!!

• 4 months later...

Hey there, just found this site. Also from Wisconsin. Ixonia, just between Oconomowoc and Watertown. Looking for places to legally play in the mud. :D Also, any one got any experience with body lift on a 2003??? Heard they suck to do. Need to find some real live truck people in this "car-rat-race-place". :P No one can relate to the joy that is wheelin'. Hell, most people around here don't have a clue what muddin' is... :cool:

Haven't had too much experience with wrenching. But I've tried...

1977 1/2 ton, I had to fix every weekend to get to work every weekday.

1989 Toyota (shhh, don't tell!) -fuel prices were killing me....

1992 S-10 BL +31's More dents than paint. Hell bent thrasher!

1995 1/2 ton 33's

1998 GMC 1/2 ton BL 33's (wife's truck)

2001 3/4 LD stocker

2004 3/4 HD hauler

2003 3/4 HD current 6.slow

I go to the swap meets in Jefferson RELIGOUSLY, maybe see some of ya there. Could always a few more tailgate warmers around the fire. :D

Just moved to Jefferson(to be closer to the swap meets!) But will travel anywhere within a 6-pack radius! :D

Edited by 6.slow

Another WI guy here.

I live in West Bend

This is my first truck 01 2500HD 8.1 But my dad has had chevys ever since I can remember.

Of all the GMs I see around there aren't many of us on here.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see we are getting more Wisconsinites on here I have since moved to the polka capital of Wisconsin Pulaski. We are going to have to get some kind of get together going for the spring or something I know this has been tried and tried in the past with no sucess but I think if we can work something out now we should have no problem come spring.

• 1 month later...

In what area? Last I checked, Wisconsin is purdy big!

First, take it to an Autozone (or even a dealer) and just have them read the code - this should be free. Before you have a dealer or shop do any work, let us know what that code is and we'll tell you if what they decide to replace is actually what needs to be replaced!

-Steve

In what area?  Last I checked, Wisconsin is purdy big!

First, take it to an Autozone (or even a dealer) and just have them read the code - this should be free.  Before you have a dealer or shop do any work, let us know what that code is and we'll tell you if what they decide to replace is actually what needs to be replaced!

-Steve

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is pretty big OOPS !!! Milwaukee Area

PO174,PO151,PO1153 All of my codes !!!!!

• 3 months later...