Hummer Dealership opening up

chevy4x4trucks

I was heading a ways north to pick up some people and what did I see, a Hummer dealership opening up just off of Good Hope road and 45.  They had about 5 Hummer's that I saw and even a few H2's.  I think this weekend I'm going to stop by there and check it out.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case any of you want to dream.

Hey Mister Super Observant Super Elite Moderater Sir Jon :D, you do know there is a Hummer dealership down here in Libertyville, we've driving past it a few times before even.  I go past it a few times a week, I do not believe I've seen an H2 there outside from the one I saw w/ manufacturers plates on it the day you were down here.

Joe

I saw it, then we saw a milion corvettes drive past.  But, this is strictly a hummer dealership, nothing more, nothing less.  I was just letting the guys know so they don't need to venture down to IL for all there hummer needs.  I can't wait for them to finish construction on the building.  I may swing by there tomorrow and check it out when I head back up that way.

Speaking of Hummers....

Our neighbor, who farms to the south of our west farm, has a son who works at the largest Hummer dealership in the country, down by St. Louis.  To make things better for him, he married the owner's daughter.  Everytime they come home for a visit they always bring a Hummer off the lot.  I saw this morning where he looks to be in town.  In these parts a Hummer sticks out like a sore thumb.

11095910-ea64-028001E0-.jpg

In these parts a Hummer sticks out like a sore thumb.

JP, I think anywhere you go a hummer will stick out like a sore thumb :D

But, the dealership looks pretty cool, it's all by itself and they have hummers scattered about outside of it so it isn't all crowded.  Every time I go past it there are people out there looking at them, and I mean at like 2 in the morning as well.

Hey, there's even a HUMMER dealership on Ogden Ave. in Naperville.  You know, those Napervillean's need HUMMERS to get around this area.   :thumbs:

I think there's a Mercedes and BMW dealer not to far away too.  :D

Well the Hummer dealership here in Libertyville, Weil Cadillac-Olds-HUMMER just got a fresh shipment of H2's today.  I was at my Libertyville store today and as I was about to leave I saw a truckload of H2's headed towards the dealership.  Sure enough it turned in and quickly raced around back where they then proceeded to close off the fence and hid the truck behind the dealership before unloading them.  I just saw one the other day driving around w/ normal plates on it so it looks like they've sold a few already.  They do have one in the showroom and one parked out front w/ dealership plates on it that I've seen out on quite a few test drives already.

Joe

Well, they had there grand opening today, so I stopped by after work.  There test track looked fairly cool, but they had about 4 H1's parked on the track so it didn't look like they were allowing any test drives.  But, it did look like a fairly vigorous off-road course w/ a swamp, some very steep inclines that most trucks would just smack there front end on or get high centered at the top.  There were about 15 H1's and 15 H2's there.  The inside wasn't fully completed, still some work going on there.  But, quite a few people wandering around looking at all the stuff and a gift shop w/ H1 and H2 shirts, hats, sweatshirts, and models.

Archived