Hot Summer Nights at the strip

gandolphxx

I am on the road now and only get to the track occasionally - hotter than hades here in Houston - managed to break into the 14's with my 7100 lb monster.

Well, three weeks later, and back to the track, even hotter - first run with the new shift points +4, +5, +6

run 1: Launch quick against a guy in an import, and left him at the line, I thought he stalled - 15.1, getting used to the higher shifts - not bad at 88 degrees.

Back in line again to try it with finese [lol] - and a guy drops his tranny all over the track - shutdown, open the hood and stand there. I got swarmed by the guys waiting with me, whats that?, How much?, How does it run?, It weighs what?

All things considered the truck got cooled off, admired and lots of folks are now used to me. The guy i beat came over and shook my hand and his head - said he didn't believe it.

run 2: Move up, and guess what, the same guy i beat, gives me the high sign [i think] and ... green light - my beast is wound up to 3000, let it loose and off I go - 14.7128 - beat him again - think it spun all 4 wheels.

Nice night all things considered. :D

• 1 month later...

Archived