My 1st Truck (in 1993)

This is the 1st truck I ever owned (at 16 yrs old). Yes - I think my parents were crazy buying me a truck like this, but dang if I didn't love it when I was in highschool. Can't believe I sold it (hind-sight is always 20/20). I can't imagine what it'd be worth today if I still had it.

She had 500 miles on it (full restoration) when I received it.

It was restored by the Dallas Cowboy's superbowl committee and raffled off to raise money for the club. My Dad's buddy at work bought 1 ticket to the raffle ($150) and he won the truck. Didn't need it, didn't have kids, so my Dad got it pretty cheap ($4,500 I think).

Had a GM 350 "crate motor" and ran like a top.

This had to be within a few weeks of me getting the truck because the 1st thing I did was remove those cheezy "turn downs" under the bumper and had some big chrome "echo tips" installed. Man that was cool back in the early 90s.

55337347.jpg

55337343.jpg

Very nice truck.... yes this '66 step side was the truck I wanted when I was in high school .... took me until '76 when I finished university before I could justify/afford to buy a truck...

I later traded it for a 1971 long-bed with a 400 pontiac motor (.40 over) that ran like a scalded ape.

Had a tubbed rear end and was fully restored (custom restore) bumper to bumper. It ran a 12.1 to 12.3 quart mile consistently - pretty dang fast for a long-bed chevy. Wish I had a pic of that truck.

Archived