Wiper Transmission

Today i had the windshield in my truck replaced, and while they were taking it out, they found a problem. The wiper transmission is cracked right around the driver side wiper. I never noticed it before, since it hasnt rained since i bought the truck. There is so much up and down play in the wiper arm that it touches the hood, and now that i look at it, the wiper arm has touched the hood because there are some chips. I looked on google, couldnt find one for a 05, but i found ones listed for 99-03. Im assuming those wont work. Know of anywhere online that sells em, or will it be a dealer/salvage yard part? Thanks for the help.

Today i had the windshield in my truck replaced, and while they were taking it out, they found a problem. The wiper transmission is cracked right around the driver side wiper. I never noticed it before, since it hasnt rained since i bought the truck. There is so much up and down play in the wiper arm that it touches the hood, and now that i look at it, the wiper arm has touched the hood because there are some chips. I looked on google, couldnt find one for a 05, but i found ones listed for 99-03. Im assuming those wont work. Know of anywhere online that sells em, or will it be a dealer/salvage yard part? Thanks for the help.

I'm almost certain the 99-03 as you say will work on a 05. I'm pretty certain they're the same around the wipers.

Ewwwwwwwwwww, I still have bad dreams about that 95 Astro wiper transmission............. and must admit a cold chill went down my spine when I read "Wiper Transmission"

Yea the 05 is different from the 03 and older gmt 800 trucks...

Jbo

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the help. Was able to find an auto salvage yard on ebay with a few units, mine came from a truck with 66k miles, for $55 shipped to my door. Cant beat the price. Will be replacing tomorrow. Thanks again.

Archived