Evap Vent Valve

I replaced the evap vent valve on my 2006 gmc sierra but now I find that there is no power to it...is there and inline fuse or anything that could have shorted out ?...and if there is?..what is the location of it?

I replaced the evap vent valve on my 2006 gmc sierra but now I find that there is no power to it...is there and inline fuse or anything that could have shorted out ?...and if there is?..what is the location of it?

nope, did you reinstall everything as it was? Did you pull out the valve and disconnect the harness or did you tug on the harness before removing the valve from the metal brace? I dont recall a fuse on the harness (did mine about a week ago). Your check engine light is still on?

Yes I installed everything just the way I took it off...I checked the voltage on the wiring harness when I disconnected it and I was getting voltage...after I installed it and the check engine light came back on I checked the power again and I was not getting any ...I figured maybe a fuse or something had blown.

Yes I installed everything just the way I took it off...I checked the voltage on the wiring harness when I disconnected it and I was getting voltage...after I installed it and the check engine light came back on I checked the power again and I was not getting any ...I figured maybe a fuse or something had blown.

huh, will have to check the electrical diagrams to see if there is a relay/fuse that is associated with this harness....

I replaced the evap vent valve on my 2006 gmc sierra but now I find that there is no power to it..

I believe that the vent valve is normally closed. The only time it energizes is upon start up / leak test initiation.

I was wondering about that my self so I blew right through it when I bought it...it was in the open position ....as I understand it one lead in the harness is always hot and the PCM closes a contact when it wants to energyze it completing the circuit....when I first checked for voltage it was there but not anymore....I hope I didn't damage the PCM it self...going to hook it up and see if I get a different code...just haven't got around to it...thats what makes me think about having blowen a fuse or relay

On an '03:

Underhood Fuse Block: 4WS 15A fuse. Hot at all times. To Canister Vent solenoid.

PCM sends signal to Canister Vent Solenoid Control to energize (close).

Awesome...at least now I know there IS a fuse...gonna look it up on mine ...even I have to check every single one of them to find the right one...Thanks...
My pleasure.

Narrow your search to 15A fuses.

PS: Welcome to the forum.

Archived