'01 2500hd, Horn Quit And It's Not The Relay Or The Fuse, Help

Big Tom

Question

Well the horn quit as the topic states, checked the fuse it's fine, swapped relays problem remains, put relay back in and grounded pin 86 or 85 to energize the coil and the horn works. The I checked to make sure on another '01 we have and using a test light could see it light up everytime I pressed the horn, on the 2500HD it doesn't light up

So, I'm not getting the grounding from the horn switch. I wanted to remove the airbag and check it out but so far I haven't been able to figure it out, I did find a mention of 2 tabs on the back of the wheel but I haven't been back out to check yet. Can anyone confirm how to remove the air bags?

And if it's not the switch, how can I trace the wire from the steering column to the fuse panel under the hood to try and find the break? What color is the horn wire? And idea where it plugs into on the bottom of the fuse panel?

Also not sure if this is related or not, the interior lights aren't working either. The guages light up at night, but all the backlighting for the fan controls etc doesn't. On my old '93 the horn/lights were on the same fuse but I checked the '01 and I don't think they are together anymore.

Any help is appreciated

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived