Damn, Don't let inexperienced friends drive

Roofer

Well here we are, Fri night, all the guys at school with 4x4 (including me although mines 2wd they think it looks cool) go to my friends house.  Hes got a nice swamp back there.  Anyways eventually we tried to get out, and the only way out was through this ice covered ditch.  So my friend in his 94 F*** decided he was man enuff to go through.  2 tow straps later we found out he wasn't.  For the most part the swamp was iced over, but this was water, prolly 5 ft of it.  This was around 7pm or so at night.  Well the s10 got stuck, along with 2 blazers a 89 and 86.  The only trucks to make it out were the S10 and 89 blazer.  My truck didn't go in, i had no gas.  Well anyways the ford was buried completely.  All 4 tires could not be seen.  And after 2 tow straps we call a tow truck.  

Scariest thing I ever saw in my life.  The tow trucks chain almost broke trying to get that SOB out.  Its Pin that it used to hold itself still broke and its front end lifted and started hoppin towards the ford.  It didn't go in.  So the tow man says I'll be back with two tower tow trucks.  Its now 10pm, and by the time he got back all 4 tires were frozen into the muck/ice/water.   After about an hour we they got his truck out of there.  The blazer is still there.  

One friend had a video camera and has the tow truck breaking taped, we'll know right when it started breaking because everyone hit the deck including the operator.  I'm so glad that chain didn't break.  

When the tower finally broke the ice loose we saw that the F*** had 2 flats....that was a pain in the ass, diggin through icy muck sh*t then knowing we gotta change two flats.  We will prolly laugh at this some other day, but we're not laughing at the 200 dollars that sob costed us all.  My friend owes quite a bit of cash LOL!

Well night all. View?u=1519768&a=11488848&p=41370401&Sequence=0&res=high

Besides, can you imagine a truck as pretty as mine with mud all over it? ;)lol

I would like to see it too.

Ya know guys, these trucks now days are not made for offroad, no matter what the badge on the fender says. They aren't built heavy duty enough.The components on them are just too weak considering what we really want to do with these trucks. This is what ATV's are for.

there are alot of vehicles that are still very capable in offroad situations straight from the factory but you should be aware of the conditions you are driving through before you attempt them.

At least 50% of a trucks ability has to do with who's behind the wheel.

Send me the cash for a Voodoo TV and I'll show Ya'll the video tape, you'll here me laughing as i descibe the ford then we hear a big crack and a HIT THE DECK!  I think I said Oh my F'n God! and then everyone including the camera man hit the deck LOL!

We all honestly thought we were dead.  I mean if that chain broke......omg be like 80 million bullets going every which way...... we all just about sh*t

our pants.  And we tested the ice over the ditch jumped on it and everything, but the my Friend driving the F*** decided to go 30mph over it...... he sank right in and dug himself to the frame.....I'm glad I didnt bring my truck, it was too big for most of the trails, because the compacts and the f150 had a hard time with'm.

Think guys,  I probably have gotten stuck even worse than my friend trying to be a badass.....Oh wait I am nm..... I would just have sometin to prove! Ya thats it! :)

(Edited by TheScaryGuy at 12:42 am on Feb. 25, 2001)

Archived