Code P0011 Camshaft Intake Position Sensor?

Okay, a little background maybe related. For some time I have had intermittantly had the "service stabilitrak" and "service traction control" lights come on which is accompanied by harsh shifting. Never have been able to find cause of that. Today those warnings also had a CE light come on. Same shifting but nothing else noticable while driving.

Anyway a trip to the Zone later I came up with the P0011 code, which indicates camshaft intake position system performance. Probable causes - open or short circuit, mechanical condintion with sensor, failed actuator solenoid, low oil level (oil level fine).

So where is the sensor located? Could that sensor be related to my other issues? Is there anyway to isolate if it is the sensor?

Truck 2007 NNBS 6.0L 4x4

THanks for any help

• Like 1

The p0011 is a problem with the camshaft actuator system. It has variable valve timing capability. Need to have it diagnosed. No it is not related to the stabilitrac lights. That is a different system, as it should have codes stored also since the light was on.

Through the magic of the interwebs I found where the sensor was located.

The CEL turned off this morning. Oddly enough since the CEL went off I have had no incidents of the stabilitrak light coming on. For about a week that was happening almost daily, once on the way to work and once on the way home. I'm beginning to think I have some electrical gremlins.

Edited by Kevin M

Got a call from the service department. The cam position sensor was bad. They also said the oil pan gasket was leaking and both CV boots were bad. Didn't have good answer for the stabilitrak/ traction control lights, but I'll talk more about that when I go to pick it up. The best news is he is getting everything covered under the power train warranty :sick:

I think I found a new dealer.

• 5 months later...

Hi.

Escalade 6.2l 2007 year

I have same problem. (P0011 and T/C light)

Please, write part # of the cam position sensor.

And tell me, please, what are "CV boots", which were bad?

And, how oil pan gasket leaking influences error occurrence?

Sorry for my bad English. I am from Russia)))) :thumbs:

Edited by Policeman

Hi.

Escalade 6.2l 2007 year

I have same problem. (P0011 and T/C light)

Please, write part # of the cam position sensor.

And tell me, please, what are "CV boots", which were bad?

And, how oil pan gasket leaking influences error occurrence?

Sorry for my bad English. I am from Russia)))) :thumbs:

I don't believe your 6.2L would have the same part number since it's a different engine. The CV boots are the "rubber" boots that cover the constant velocity joint upfront.

I don't believe your 6.2L would have the same part number since it's a different engine. The CV boots are the "rubber" boots that cover the constant velocity joint upfront.

Thanks for the answer!

I have found part # of my cam position sensor: 12585545

I will try to change this sensor, and then we will see result.

One more question:

Before the lamp CE (P0011) was lighted, the message "Low oil level" was lit, but The oil level is full.

Whether it could affect occurrence of error P0011?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

2007 Silverado LTZ nbs 6.0L

When I am towing my fifth wheel I keep getting code P0011. It s fine while accelerating and driving but when I slow down to a crawl or stop, it throws the code.

I replaced Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve about 5000 miles ago

and the camshaft position sensor about 1000 miles ago.

I always synthetic oil, Deep Purple or Amsoil,

And help or suggestions on where I should start checking and looking next would be great.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

When I am driving and either coast or slow down using brakes when my rpm's get down to around 1000-1500 rpm's the truck will start to skip. The code being thrown is p0011 but the dealership is telling me its the oil pump and tranny. I have never had a bad tranny feel like this and the code says nothing about an oil pump issue. These codes really arent even specific enough to narrow the search for the problem because it also lists two other things it could be. Also if it were the pump wouldnt the oil pressure sensor gauge be reading low? It stays between 40-60.