Fuel Pressure When Running 5.7l Tbi

I have a 95 GMC K1500 with the 5.7L TBI. I recently did the heads on it and while putting everything back together replaced the stock fuel pressure regulator with an adjustable unit from Jet. I noticed that the only publicated pressure recommendations I can find are that it should be between 9-13 PSI with engine off and pump on, I believe. However, the fuel pressure with just the pump on, engine off is not adjustable. I can only adjust the idle fuel pressure. Does anyone know what that should be? As it is now, I have 14 PSI with the engine off and about 15 with it running at idle, and that is the lowest the regulator will go.

I have a 95 GMC K1500 with the 5.7L TBI. I recently did the heads on it and while putting everything back together replaced the stock fuel pressure regulator with an adjustable unit from Jet. I noticed that the only publicated pressure recommendations I can find are that it should be between 9-13 PSI with engine off and pump on, I believe. However, the fuel pressure with just the pump on, engine off is not adjustable. I can only adjust the idle fuel pressure. Does anyone know what that should be? As it is now, I have 14 PSI with the engine off and about 15 with it running at idle, and that is the lowest the regulator will go.

Might want to try 11-12 while idling if you want to run much higher you will need a tune.

Archived