1998 C1500 - Help?

Hi. As everyone should have seen by now, gas is expensive. I drive a 1998 Chevy C1500, 5.7 350. All stock. 210,000 miles, and consistently around 12-13mpg.

There has to be some way to increase the mileage, even if it's just a little. I already drive with a light foot, and my tires are all inflated properly.

I was looking into such as a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, new injectors, and a HyperTech tuner. I've read that these things help, and I've also read that they don't.

If anyone has any information, examples, etc., if they've done this, I would greatly appreciate your input.

try running pure gas instead of that ethanol crap and it might come up a little and try having your tailgate down as well

I run 87 octane, and have the tailgate off, actually. I've always ran 87 octane, but I thought the tailgate would make a difference and it really doesn't, for me anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. As everyone should have seen by now, gas is expensive. I drive a 1998 Chevy C1500, 5.7 350. All stock. 210,000 miles, and consistently around 12-13mpg.

Wow, sure this truck is healthy? Maybe look at tune-up, filters, cat/exhaust obstruction, emissions/sensors, etc... Was easily getting @ 18-19 out of my '97 C1500 4.3L V6 before selling it. 12-13 just doesn't sound right.

Archived