Help Set A World Record! - The World's Largest Chevy Truck Par

Buffalo Chevrolet

Greetings everyone!

I'm writing to let everyone know that Heinrich Chevrolet in Buffalo has again been approved to make a World Record Attempt for the "World's Largest Parade of Chevy Trucks!" on September 24th! Last year's event drew over 230 trucks and over 500 people from all around the US! We managed to set a world record with the World Record academy, but fell shy of the Guinness mark. This year we're looking to go bigger and better, and we need to find as many Chevy truck owners as we can!

As with last year, registration to the event is completely free, and all proceeds from the event will be donated to Niagara Hospice. We'll be giving away thousands of dollars of truck accessories this year, as well as tons of other prizes. With live music, food, games and a truck show going on after the parade, we encourage all Chevy truck owners to register their trucks today!

The members of this forum were by and far the most active and helpful last year, and we appreciate your continued support this year. Hope to see you all down there!

Details & Registration can be found at - http://chevytruckparade.com/

Note: As with last year, the truck that travels the furthest distance to attend gets to lead the parade!

can i drive my gmc? i used to live up there, and turbo ill be cruisin right by willowick if i can.

We encourage GMCs to come participate (the more the merrier!), but GMCs actually have to follow after the Chevy's in the parade. By doing so, we can gun for the largest chevy truck parade first, and then collectively as a group we'll try to set a record for the largest parade of GM trucks. We had a very strong GMC showing last year as well.

I will be there again!

If you dont see me, you will hear me!

:D:D:)

Charlie, What is the # we have to hit for guiness?

Looking forward to seeing you down there again! In terms of the number, we're trying to hit 350 trucks (347 to be exact)...though we're hoping for much more than that this year!

Hey charlie,

I know last year there was some confusion on what is considered a truck or not...

From what i heard or saw last year, Silverado's, s-10's, colorado, suburbans, tahoe, trailblazer, were all considered trucks...

On the fence was the chevy blazer.. It was said before the parade they are not considered trucks , but during the parade a chevy blazer Zr2 was in the parade and one of the officials told me it was a truck when i questioned...

The reason i would like to know for sure is i am a member on zr2usa.com and there are many zr2 s10's and blazers on there... They would like to know before they venture out,

thanx

I'll be there!

Great! Looking forward to seeing you down there!

Will you also pay for my gas??????..... Los Angeles, CA

Haha, unfortunately we can't quite offer that to everyone :fume:

Hey charlie,

I know last year there was some confusion on what is considered a truck or not...

From what i heard or saw last year, Silverado's, s-10's, colorado, suburbans, tahoe, trailblazer, were all considered trucks...

On the fence was the chevy blazer.. It was said before the parade they are not considered trucks , but during the parade a chevy blazer Zr2 was in the parade and one of the officials told me it was a truck when i questioned...

The reason i would like to know for sure is i am a member on zr2usa.com and there are many zr2 s10's and blazers on there... They would like to know before they venture out,

thanx

The Blazer is considered a truck via their standards. There was some confusion on that last year, but it's confirmed for this year!

• 3 weeks later...

It was a good time..Great weather! I dont know the exact # of trucks yet, but i dont think we broke the record..

Although i did get lots of horn time

I had my dash cam going and my mom was in passenger seat holding another hd cam, but as im reviewing it, she dosent know how to work a camera and was moving it everywhere, lol.. I did manage to get this one lady real bad, and should have appoligized after... lol

When we got to the dealership there were others there with air horns , but i heard no train horns. At this point i was down to about 120 psi of of 27 gal tanks...

They ended up creating a contest of loudest horn

At the end of the song, we were told to blow our horns if we think we had a loud one.. I promptly warned everyone standing in front of my truck and they had no idea what they were in for.. Most of the younger guys (18-22) stood there as if it wont affect them. They were wrong, lol.

I gave 3 long blasts, about 5 sec. a piece. Everyone just lit up cheering calling me the winner! Had people running over wanting to know about the horns and where i got them from... Lots of people saw my decals of hornblasters...

I ended up winning $20 worth of gift cards to a local super market!

Unfortunately i have no video of the horn "contest" since it was spur of the moment and they said to light them up... But i would imagine video will surface from there... hopefully someone got it.

Thumbs up to hornblasters shockers , and the K3LA!

Archived