Electrical Problems

Yesterday while I was plowing I noticed that my amber lights were not flashing. They had been on the day before the entire day without any problems. I don't know if they worked at all yesterday as I started blowing during the day and can't see the lights from the cab. I assumed they were on because the little indicator light on the factory auxiliary light was on.

Anyway, I pulled everything apart today. I thought it was a bad ground because the LED light were partially flashing and the strobe flashed once every 15-30 seconds. After rewiring all of the grounds the problem wasn't fixed. I then rewired all of the hot wires and still no luck. I then check the fuses and fuse marked Aux 1 under the hood was blown so I replaced it. This still didn't solve it. I gave up for the night but plan on working on it again tomorrow.

Has anybody had any similar problems? Did I replace the wrong fuse? Bad switch?

• 2 weeks later...

Found the problem to be a broken wire in the factory wiring in the sill. both the power and ground had split and corroded with only very little poser being sent through. Fixed the break there and rewired all of my wiring as a precaution and all is working fine now.

Archived