Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65 will they fit?

chub4chevy

I have a 2009 Chevy Silverado, 4 door, 4x4, with a 2 inch leveling kit on the front. I found this wheel and tire package online that i want to order. The wheels are the 18 inch XD 800 Misfit mounted on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/65r18. I'm not real familiar with the offset and how all that works, but the misfits have 00mm offset. I would just like to know if the tires would fit on my truck and kind of how it will look, whether they stick out past the fenders or what?

PS. Ive read similar forums on here about this same topic, but it seemed like there were contradicting answers. I asked the seller if they would fit and he said they should or you might have to do a little trimming. I guess I'm just trying to figure out more information.

Thank you and i hope someone can help me!

You will have to trim. I ran those tires on stock rims with my last truck and they run big for sure. I put a 1.5" body lift on to not trim with stockers and it was still a bit close offroad. If you were installing them on stock GM wheels you would still have to trim a bit from what others have reported.

Thanks for your input guys i really appreciate it. I know these type of questions get annoying. So what ur saying is it probably won't work? I really want to stick with the nitto trail grapplers but do not now what size will work :freak::help: and i don't know much about the zero offset or how it will look on the truck.

The factory rims have a +31mm offset, so wheels with a zero or negative offset are going to push more of the rim towards the outside of the truck. Positive offset rims help keep them tucked in the fenders. The lower the offset, the more problems you'll have fitting larger tires. If you want to stick with the Nitto Trails...and run 18's with a zero offset...you're sizes are limited. The 275/70/18 and 285/65/18 will both require a decent amout of trimming with just a leveling kit. However, there are more options in the 17" sizes.

• 11 months later...

I am getting ready to purchase an '09 or '10 Chevrolet 4x4 (can't wait...test drive tomorrow!). I am also considering installing 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts on 18 x 9.5 wheels with a -19mm offset (which is about 3/4" and 1.96" more than the stock wheels...from what I read).

From what I just read, if I install a 2.5" leveling kit fender trimming is still necessary (right?). Do you have any pictures to show how it should be done? Or will it be obvious once I get the truck and look at it? For instance, it was easy to do on the 73-87 trucks...

A bit of personal history: I have owned a few lifted Chevrolet trucks, 1984 blazer 9" lift - 40X17 ground hawgs on 15x14 rims, 1979 chevrolet 9" lift - 38.5x15 ground hawgs on 15x14 rims, and more recently a 1985 suburban 9" lift - 36x15.5 MTZ radials on 15x12 rims. I have never owned a lifted IFS truck (although I had a 1998 Z71 super cab and a 2002 Z71 supercab at different times in my life). I have been out of the truck world for two years driving a 2001 BMW 750iL. I sold the car today so I can return to where I belong...driving a 4x4 Chevrolet! I am going to look at a 2010 Z71 crew cab tomorrow. I don't know if it will be the one, but I will be purchasing one this week.

Thanks in advance for your assistance...

Archived